Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hey be carefull with those abs sensors please =P

haha did you ever see the rock wall in my drive way ?

its a really long one

it starts in the 1st pic and the 2nd pic is where it almost ends =P

Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Nice , no I never noticed it before . A couple years ago I delivered horses to Amy Grants house in Nashville , right next door to Alan Jacksons , we spent the night at her recording studeo , the doors where 8 inches thick , anyway they had some of the most awesome rock walls I have ever seen down there , they go on forever .

Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Well after replacing the passenger side ball joints I pulled out of the shop and dropped the rear drive shaft again , I noticed when I was working on the exhaust that the bolts were coming loose and made a mental note , but I forgot to put locktite on them and tighten them back up . I'm taking it as a sign that I have to get my *** in gear and get the new axles installed , its taking way more time than I original figured , but then again it always does . Plus I have many other projects I'm working on as well , A couple years ago I built a sweet racing lawn mower and its been neglected so I want to get that back looking good , it drives awesome I have raced cars down the road in front of my house , its a fun toy that only cost maybe 300 bucks and the lawn mower was free .

Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Alright I have had enough with the stock front end design , I hate the idler arm , I can't even keep track of how many I have changed since owning this truck . I have two idler arms both with lifetime warranty and one is from autozone and one from advance auto and I try to rotate back and forth between the two . And I noticed both front wheel bearings are loose as well , I'll get the new stuff from autozone but its not going into the truck , I'll save them for someone else to use . I have started the tear down today , on the coldest day of the month , ( I think) . But I think the blazer is ready for a change and so am I , I will post some pictures later of the tear down , and SAS swap progress .

Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Yay for tear down

and oh new bearings .......

Old 03-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Default The tear down and unrelated injury

Today I have started taking the front apart I lubed everything yesterday and again this morning with pb blaster , then I helped my fathern-law for awhile , till I ran a stainless steel meat hook through my hand . What a day its turning out to be , luckily I have a tooth ache also so I'm running on 4 vicodin , my tooth still hurts my hand does not . But anyway though I 'd share some pics

I'm still working on it today I just came in to get some lunch .

Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
BF Guru

Looking good man

ya need to come on gmail one day =P

Old 03-27-2012, 06:19 PM

I have everything that was bolted on taken off , now I just have to cut the old mounts off the frame . I could not get the torsion bars loose from the a arm or the keys so I cut the torsion bars on both sides , and the driver side axle wouldn't come out of the hub , I didn't mess with it to long though .

Torsion bar is still hang up

And all the parts removed and leaf springs mounted on the hanger .

And thats all I managed to get done today .

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
And thats all I managed to get done today .
...seriously? That's it? Oh man...you're slacking now!

I thought I was doing good when I did the front shocks and PCV valve last night!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by spatula6554
...seriously? That's it? Oh man...you're slacking now!

I thought I was doing good when I did the front shocks and PCV valve last night!
I only worked on it for 2 hrs or so ,Tearing it apart is the easy part , it went real smooth , even with the gash in my hand . Pain goes away when your doing something you enjoy doing . I should have more pics tonight , I'm having a friend come over to help me move the axles around , and I need a extra hand to do some measuring .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe