Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Making progress and pics

I'm getting ready to mount my rear spring hangers and they will be welded in place . I should have measured my stock height so I would no how much lift I'm actually going to get out of this set up . Right now as is sets the hood is at my chin , and the springs are almost touching the ground , so the hood is going to be over my head . Heres some pics .

And heres a picture with the camera right in front of my face and I'm 6'2"

I'll update tonight after I get done for the day .

I think my welding helmet took a crap I welded for about a hour and my eyes started to burn , so I desided to hold off for now until I can replace it , I have my old helmet but I would almost rather suffer with the sandy eyes than use that bulky old thing .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-29-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: forgot to check spelling
Old 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Gene this is going to be my most favorite blazer man

i gotta admit your doing a real nice job on it

Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Holy crap that sucker is tall! How much taller do you estimate it'll be with tires/wheels/axles under it?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm not totally sure but about 12 inches , a couple of my friends stopped by tonight and they were like holy **** thats alot of lift . These next few pictures will give you a better idea , and I'm doing all this work myself now .
Heres a few more pictures of the axle under the blazer

And thanks again guys I appreciate the kind words .

Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

That is a lot of lift...

I think you need to fab a spring loaded SS ladder which as you open the door, slides out and drops to allow you climb in. As you close, an switch activates a solenoid for an electric motor and draws the ladder back up.

It may be better than Lambo doors in a mudfield!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Anythings better than lambo doors , they are junk , there different , but junk . I just can't believe they only open 8 to 10 inches , you almost have to be a contortionist to get in them . The lift is a little more than I wanted , but it will have to do for this year . I haven't even got these axles installed yet and I'm already looking for new ones , I wish I could have got the Dana S out of the wagoner . Next year I really want to throw some Rockwell's under it , I want to see me on trucks gone wild , I'm still going to be under axled but the old girl has ran against the big boys before and prevailed . And another thing that was brought to my attention is that with the new found lift no fat chicks can get in , SOB I'm going to have to do something about that , I like chicks that have a as* .
EDIT My wife also brought to my attention that I'm married and don't need to be given any girls rides . SOB again .

Old 03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Hahaha, nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Default I love my blazer heres some more pics .

Here I'm cutting and grinding out the old brackets

And heres a couple pictures with the tires on , not bolted just sitting on the studs, the jeep lug studs are metric so I have to get some .

And heres a side view

And this one here gives you a idea of how much lift was achieved so far

Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

One word.....

DAMN!

Lookin' good!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Talking Day 3 SAS swap

Today has been a fairly productive day , I have a slight issue with the axle tube where it goes into the case , its right where my u bolts have to go on , both sides its like this ( on one side of each perch ) . I'm on a pretty tight budget myself around here , so I don't want anyone to think this is all coming easy for me . The hardest part is budgeting the money and time , I say time only because I'm running out of that to , in fact I stopped working on the blazer early today because we have a meeting at MR.Mud pit . I wish I could drive the blazer there , its killing me that I can't . But I'll just bring more drinks and still have a blast , Anyway heres three more pictures .

The steering stablizer shock is yellow it looks awesome I'll have some pics of that soon .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe