Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea I have a ton of pictures , the firewall is far from being complete , but it should look awesome when its done . I'm going to diamond plate the fire wall and front floor boards to help disperse the heat . And the diamond plate will be bolted so I can still get in there . Right now I need to find headers and I want them to go on the outside of the frame , I'm not sure if I can get the bends I need with the shorty headers . And there is a kit on ebay that you weld together yourself , but they come pre bent so I would have to make them completly different .

Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM

We had to trim the fire wall abit
I love this blazer

Old 12-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Sorry I figured out how to resize the pictures and got a little over confident , I guess . Could someone please fix the pictures so they are in a row , so that I can edit them and explain why I took them .

Old 12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member
coop22 is on a distinguished road

looking good bud,

Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

awsome!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Clean

Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM

The only bad thing about this project is that its all I think about , even in my sleep . My main tasks at hand right now are the headers , Transfer case , and driveshafts , and fire wall . For the headers I ordered a 302 weld your own header kit from ebay and 10 ft of 1 5/8 tube . The transfer case is not to bad but I got ahead of myself so I have to take the cross member out in order to mate it with the transmission , then it will go back in with about 1 1/2 inches of clearance . The drive shafts will be made by my friend at work , after I figure out what I need . And I'm going to built a diamond plate fire wall and shift lever perch for a b&m ratchet shifter . It looks great in my head , so we'll see . I will get better pictures today I have the engine in and timed and started on some wiring .

Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM

Well I pulled the engine back out , when I was turning it over with a ratchet I could feel a slight catch , that I didn't feel before . So I pulled the plugs it was still there , pulled the valve covers and loosend the rocker arms and still there . I then attatched the engine back to the stand and took it back in the heated part of my shop , and tore the oil pan off to check for binding rods or something , but all was good . Then pulled the heads off and found a little chunk of metal , it must have been in the head and when I was turning it over the valve opened up and let it fall onto the piston . It didn't hurt anything but man I'm glad I felt it . I do have the engine almost back in , but the tansfer case is just barely hitting the torsion bar and cocking the transmission just enough to not let the bolt go through the motor mounts .

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Last night we got the engine mounted in , made the rear drive shaft , and mounted fan and radiator.

It don't look half bad in there .

Today I'm going to get the starter in and do some wiring , and install the rear drive shaft . I ordered a header kit from jegs that will come out on the outside of the frame , they should be here monday or tuesday . When this engine was in our plow truck it was running on 7 cylinders with crappy stock exhaust and it sounded great , and had tons of power . I can't wait to hear it run , Happy New Years everyone .

Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM

I'm so happy today I installed the starter and a bunch of other wiring and I have power . Gas lines are hooked up , made front drive shaft .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe