Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea skotti it is so heavy and I've been sick and can barley breath , I finally called and made a doctors appointment . And the truck is up to high and my jack won't go up high enough , and I even let the air out of the tires , which didn't help none . But on the up side it's going to work and I don't have to redo the drive shafts . I have to go to the doctors now but when I get home I'll try and recruit some help .

Old 05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

not a good scenario. get checked out and definitly find a hand to help throw that in.

i dont have a jack high enough either, luckily the 231 is just light enough to heave up and in, but it does suck when it comes back down on ya. wouldnt want to experience getting hit with that monster..lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nope i never got hit in the chest or head with a tcase yet lol but i did lift a 241 by my self and bolted her up . (yup it sucked big time)

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM

With a little help from my wifes dad I got it up to the transmission , but the center of the flange is a tiny bit smaller , so we had to drop it back down . And it took everything I had so I had to walk away for now . Also there may be a few things that are different , it looks like I may have to redo my cross member , but I'm not sure yet . And I did go to the doctor , and I have antibiotics and a inhaler and a couple other different medicines , hopefully they start working soon .

Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Last night I went back out to the shop with the intention of just changing over the adapters , and I must of got feeling better because I managed to get the transfer case in the truck and bolted up by myself . This is seriously not a job to do by your self , I thought several times ( maybe I should just wait for help in the morning ) but I continued on , it almost fell of the jack and blocks 3 times and then the 4Th time it went right together , what a relief . Today I'm going to finish tightening down the transfer case , try and modify the sweet cross member I just built , mount the new added transfer case mount , and hook up the drive shafts , and fill her back up with fluid . I have till 11:30 Sunday to be ready for the race , and if I can't race this time I will be so disappointed with myself . I did take some pictures yesterday and last night but I forgot the camera in the shop , so I'll post them when I come in for lunch .

Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Thought the flange was a different size, how did you get around it?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:55 PM

The flange was different from the 208 to the 205 but I had both flanges , the 205 came with the flange but I wasn't sure if that one would work either but it did . And with this transfer case I need to get a double cardan joint , the angle is just to much for the straight shaft . I did lengthen the rear drive shaft and shorten the front drive shaft and I also dropped the cross member back out so I can redo that again , it needs to go back almost like it was before . I'm finding myself doing alot of extra work , or redoing work that I thought I was done with , but this change should be a awesome or at least way more durable . So I still have to , ( which I just did ) redo the front drive shaft to the double cardan joint and the cross member .

Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 AM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Dont you love it when u change one thing for the better, and 3 other things fall to hell. ive been battling it since v8 swap.

the 205 still use a 1310 ujoint? If so, the front driveshaft from a 1st gen explorer, worked really well, has a good bit of slip built into it too. Shame, mine no longer was long enough after v8 swap, and now i have a chopped to fit xj driveshaft.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:08 PM

I have the new drive shaft and it looks like it will work as long as it doesn't run into the transmission , it's going to be close . I still have to get the flange for the transfer case to switch from the u joint flange thats on it now . I'm still sicker than heck , I have spent all day inside vomiting and having the worst head ache ever . If the drive shaft hits the transmission I don't know what I'm going to do , besides find a different transfer case . Man I hope I get lucky on this one , it will really suck if this won't work .

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM

I decided I'm going to build my own flange for now , I have the word out that I need one , and one of my friends should have one . I'm building this one out of the old u joint out put flange , the main reason I'm doing this is to make sure it's even going to work . It's just to close to tell with out it actually in there and rotating so I can see how its going to move in there . I looked at several other Chevy's that have the double cardan shaft and there clearance is also very tight so I may be in good shape . I should know for sure in a hour or so , I cut the flange out of 1/4 inch flat steel last night , so I'm just going to tack it for now to see how it fits . This is the flange I need
http://www.emfrodends.com/product_p/y-1350-32cv.htm
Edit / update The double cardan shaft will not work either , there is a angle issue and clearance issue , I'm searching for other options right now . It sucks because it is so close to working , the u jiont syle worked better than the double cardan shaft , it would turn about 2/3rds of a rotation and hang up . So at this piont I have a lifted 2wd blazer , I might just run the hell out of the old girl in 2 wheel or just skip the mud pit and do the tuff truck course , right now I just want to run this truck right into the ground . Maybe she'll have a chevy engine back in it sooner than I thought .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 05-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe