Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1998 Blazer bought dd build

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Beginning Member
Blazinredneck is on a distinguished road
Default 1998 Blazer bought dd build

This thread is for my dd blazer. So far ive done the throttle body mod, quad headlight mod, new alternator and powersteerin pump, shackles and drivin lights behind the grille.

Plans-
Clear turnsignals
New grille and inserts
Ram air hood or sonoma
New rear bumper
2 door spare tire carrier
SS mirrors
Cai
High flow cat and flowmaster super 44 dumped
Efans
BDS 5" lift
2" body lift
Led interior lights
Floor shifter or 5 speed swap

Old 10-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Beginning Member

I will post pics as soon as possible

Old 10-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Beginning Member

I'm thinkin about swapin to a manual transfer case. I keep havin problems with mine not lockin in and tired of messin the the vacuum and electric b.s. What all do I need

Old 10-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Tcase, a way to shift it, and a wire or two to ground out so it will shift properly when in low range.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks but what I meant is to put a floor shifter tcase in my blazer like from the 97 and older s10s

Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Beginning Member

Rexmburns I saw on your build that you use a cable to lock your front end usin a cable. How hard was it to do, how would I do it and is this the same thing as puttin bravada front shaft in? I'm wantin to get rid of the all the vacuum crap. Also what did you mean by grounding a wire or two out to shift properly in low range? I haven't used low in my blazer. I've been havin problems of it sayin it's in 4hi but it is still in 2wd I put a new switch in and still does it.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:08 AM
Beginning Member

Welp since my son is awake and not showin any signs of goin back to sleep and since he loves this forum (so do I. This forum is a lot better then s10forum.com and s10planet) and I finally got my laptop back from my buddy (doin updates and cleanin out any viruses I had) I figured I would put pics up and my son is wantin me to tell about myself since I haven't done it and I am sorry that this is a long post, I do like people knowin a little about me on forums. I am 22, engaged to my beautiful girlfriend Kayla, I have a 6 year old son Maverick (yes I was 16 when he was born) and he was born with Atrial Septal Defect ASD ( a hole in the heart) and the doctor told us that it will usually close by itself and when he turned three he needed surgery, and I'm goin though a custody battle at the moment to get him full time with visits at the court house (been goin on for 2 years) so I can use all the support I can get. Right now she gets him every other weekend. This will be a very slow build at first cause if the battle. The past couple of months as been a pita cause my ex has been tryin everything to get Maverick away from me and I've been tryin to get it to where he can't be around her boyfriend cause he does drugs. I had to sell my first truck I bought(sold it to my dad. It was a 03 ranger RCSB 3.0 5speed 2wd) to pay help on a down payment to rent a house and help get my fiancé a new rig to drive since I took over the Blazer again cause dfs claimed the house my Grandpa left me before he pasted away was unfit for a child under 15 to live in. Reasons were cause it had drafty windows(was in the process of puttin new ones in), something about the paint bein unsafe which I do get cause I repainted that house right before my son was born, and I have a wood stove. I don't get this either cause every house I have lived in but the house we are rentin right now had wood stoves and when I was my sons age the wood stove was in the livin room. I have the stove setup to heat up water and push it to a radiator and then the fan blows the heat off the radiator though the houses duct work. Only dangerous spot is where the radiator in the basement and he can't get to it. Something about the radiator needs to be in a small room with a locked door but it gets too hot if it is and the fan switch quits. We can't live in the house till we get everything fixed. I'm still tryin to find out how I can keep the stove cause it's the cheapest way to heat it. So between bills, fixin the my house, court and lawyer costs, and makin sure Maverick is healthy and has everything for school and not gettin in trouble is kinda hard on the wallet right now. Lucky I worked at the same place since I was 19 after I had to leave the Army (got out on med leave cause I messed up my knee and after 9 months of rehab and I found out Maverick had to have surgery for his ASD cause the hole started to get bigger and my ex told me he was starting to acted up cause I wasn't there with him and wouldn't do the surgery unless I was there. So the First Sergeant of my Company talked to the doctor about med leave cause my knee never healed right and I still walk with a limp to this day). Luckily the First Sergeant was friends with my cousin (my dads sisters son) that was a Drill Sergeant in another company close to mine and I got to talk to my cousin while on family day between basic and ait about my knee and how Maverick was doin. He talked to my First Sergeant about gettin me out. I do still wish I was in the service. I work for a construction company make $16 an hour with full benefits and my fiancé is a registered R.N. At least I don't have to worry about daycare since my buddy's mom owns a daycare and she is watchin him for free till the battle is done. I grew up around her son and nephew. If you have any questions about me or my family and have any tips about the wood stove pm me please. Thank you for puttin up with this long post and sorry again for it. I normally wouldn't but my son asked me to. I really like this forum cause you'll don't try and push people to do SFA swaps and aren't rude when people want to lift there ifs front ends. The S10 planet and S10 forum is all about sfa swaps and that's it. I can't afford it and don't think I have the skills to do it. It would be a different story if someone off of here or S10 forum was close and willin to help with the swap. Thanks again for puttin up with this and don't let me down like the forums did with being rude. I am here to learn and build a SUV to take around my farm to wheel and hunt with.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Beginning Member

Now for the pics

When I first got it when I picked it up still at my buddy's house. I bought it for $1200 and needed flasher relay, battery, and tires. I put tires that I took off my ranger on it. 235/75/15 Kelly Safari at

She got a little dirty checkin cattle at my Grandmas. It rained the whole night before and me and my boy had to cross a low water crossing. The G80 locker did good and the tires did better then I thought. I didn't have to put it in 4wd.

My rusted out shackles I had to replace. Only half way done when I took this pic. The driver side shackle was rusted in half and was rubbin the frame. They were a bitch to change. A lot a heat, WD40 and PB Blaster, BFH, some cussin and a few beers and they were replaced. After two and a half days if beatin and cussin I found out dad had an air hammer. I used cheap $20 (I think) Autozone brand shackles that you can chose stock, 1" or 2" of lift. I like them other then the bolts that came with them are junk and they don't have a brace. After I put my 31/10.50/15s on tomorrow and mess the the height I'm gonna weld and brace and paint on them. I will post a link for the shackles if anyone wants to see them. I know they will rub and I plan on doin trimming. I'm needin new bushings in the leaf springs and where the shackle mounts. what bushings should I get?

Some pics of me, Maverick and one of my buddys (my sons godfather) under a railroad track on my land while checkin mine and some of his cattle. My buddy was afraid to go to far over to the right cause it's pretty much a sink hole. I got my old 96 jimmy stuck in it up past the rockers before. Decided to take my son fishing at the river on the other side of the the right pillar after we were done. My son caught his first river catfish that day. Weighted just over 3 pounds and was 17.3" long. Not bad for his first one. He needed help reeling it in.

There's also a cd taped to my antenna in the pic above cause I burnt off a cd full of the song What does the fox say cause a co worker that rides with me to work hates that song and I played it all the way to work which was a 1 1/2 drive at the time and he taped it to my antenna. It stayed on goin down 70 mph.
I also put a Redneck decal on the windshield cause everyone calls me a redneck. It's not on perfectly straight but idc cause i need a new windshield.

Parked next to a ZR2 at Tractor Supply. I really wanna get ZR2 S10, blazer or a ZR5 in the future.

Tinted my tails but only ran them for a week and took the tint off. Not the best in the world but oh well. First time doin it. So don't hate.

Painted the grille gloss black. It some what matches the factory paint but the grille is broke and comes out in 2 pieces. Also put Puto (might be spelled wrong) 55 watt drivin or fog lifts can't remember which one I for from my brother in law next to the tow hooks. Moved them to behind the grille when I almost ripped one off tryin to pull my friends dads polaris ranger out if a ditch.

Sittin next to the ranger out at my parents farm. Don't mind the missin front bumper hit a deer last winter and haven't fixed it or old bench seat on the ground (junk outa my dads and mine 83 F250 6.9 4speed work truck put bronco buckets in to have more room for our homemade hydro bale bed and plow on front. We used old John Deere cylinders that raised and lowered the head to lift the stabber.

The link to the shackles-
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=540393_0_0_

Attached Thumbnails 1998 Blazer bought dd build-855fb247-309f-4b89-aee2-8b3d15feeed5_zps5ptdtsj1.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-07fab346-afff-43ae-aeb4-20226c66378f_zpshoqbbswe.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-bcf131e9-5361-47f4-a850-d709bf3413e9_zpst7ztturm.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-ad88806a-6b57-4ccb-8e8e-f8cb1bc590ec_zps3fjhnd8h.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-74e94dfd-ec6f-40a8-9688-e62b03d26c21_zpsmoggrlt4.jpg  

1998 Blazer bought dd build-99f83716-ae68-4ac9-b8a2-316d490421be_zpsmcsqzbik.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-c1b9ae79-46b9-42a6-a827-9afb6260fa51_zpsg4unke3u.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-c6ca832f-c3c8-4fed-893d-baecbb1aecc5_zpspwnymslj.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-7c9b9e06-f27f-4acb-9ce2-0771441d862a_zpseefgjlam.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-d6d88858-45c6-4111-a1cc-f8dd73b5e87a_zpsj3i6tbnk.jpg  

1998 Blazer bought dd build-bc85bc23-f6c9-45f6-81c0-25e62a882402_zpsby6uazvp.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-1f447fb1-83bd-4144-bc65-3e083a2341b9_zpsbimefmh2.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-cc4b6c7d-afc6-40f4-9c74-823224a10ca0_zpsvevvenzq.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-5e9b989f-7a20-41f7-a500-bc415f54d5bd_zpsclqzgumt.jpg  

Last edited by Blazinredneck; 10-04-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member

I put new to me tires on that I got from my buddy. 31/10.50/15 had to do a little trimming ill post pics tomorrow

Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Beginning Member

The 31s

I bent my bumper crossing a ditch

Attached Thumbnails 1998 Blazer bought dd build-330ddcf8-9232-4d91-b9a5-3a0f81fb15b2_zpslnknk9oa.jpg   1998 Blazer bought dd build-95f4a374-9f19-455c-a65b-467a09c79c6b_zpsfkh6dcov.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1998 Blazer bought dd build