Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Blazer 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Bdub is on a distinguished road

I may mess with those moldings this week. Not too sure yet.

anyways The door pins are done... now I can shut the door without having to repeatedly slam it.. lol

still debating the posi-lok / diy setup... I'm not sure I trust myself to modify any brackets but I'm considering...

I think I've decided on crager soft 8's in black but that will not be anytime soon..

right now I just really want to get my frontend fixed.. it doesn't pull anyway but the steering is firm when turning left but really sloppy when you turn to the right... like looking at a clock.. you turn the wheel maybe 5 minutes to the left and it moves but like 15 minutes to the right before it moves...

and something I'm now scared terribly about coolant tank is almost empty... can't find any signs of leaks ANYWHERE... oil is normal looking and it doesn't smoke and very rarely has any miss/studder at idle ... I'm going to top it off and keep an eye on it.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Bdub is on a distinguished road

now I feel confused and stupid... took me a good 20 minutes to find the drain the rad.. after breaking the top of the rad cap off (so now off to buy a new one.. I was meaning to replace it anyways)...

so here is the deal.. the tank has some spots in it that are dirty... the rad had just a little sediment built up on the portion i could reach.. the cap as clean as could be.. and then when it came pouring out.. crystal clear .. except with a pink tint to it....

so now my question is.. maybe it was flushed recently afterall and the tank just didn't come clean (possibly they didn't pull the tank and clean it seperatly) and I'm thinking maybe they didn't top it off after it cycled and settled the air bubbles and that's why it was a little low on coolant (was near the bottom of the tank when warm )

now my situation since I'm f'n cold and tired ... I'm considering putting dexcool back in it and then just flushing it come spring time that way I don't have to fight around trying to pop hoses off (I didn't realize it was so cramped)

opinions on this? Do you think I'll be fine with dexcool for the winter without it being too bad.. I mean it's already got 138k miles on it.. If the dexcool is going to kill it I'm sure it already would have.