Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Blazer LS Build

Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Lookin' good so far.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Shaping up real good! Good luck on the shackle installation! I tried and failed twice lol.

-OSS

Old 07-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Beginning Member
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
Shaping up real good! Good luck on the shackle installation! I tried and failed twice lol.

-OSS
Whats the problem with the install? Hoping an impact gun will take care of some seized nuts and bolts. Also thinking I may add a leaf spring, it feels like the back end sags a bit now, and I want to get a hitch carrier so I can take my WR250X with me.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I would start soaking the snot out of the shackel bolts and bushings now with some PB Blaster. Spray some on everyday until you do the install. Even then you stil may need some way to either cut the bolts out or burn out the bolts and bushings some make sure you can get a set of replacement bolts and bushings. Good luck and don't forget the pictures.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

The problem I encountered with the shackles wasn't the nut removal, but the bolt itself. The bolts over time, work into the bushing, so when you try to remove the bolt, it just spins with the bushing. If that's the case, you may have to burn the bushing out with a torch. its pretty tight up there too for tools and what not . If you can get them out, let me know how you managed to do it, and i'll try it out.

-OSS

Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Beginning Member

Maybe I'll just take it somewhere and save the headache for another day! I'm a good parts changer, but I'm no mechanic!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Beginning Member

So i think I changed my mind on tires! These seem like a great deal right now Goodyear Wrangler Territory in 31x10.5x15 for $153 a tire, thats $75 less per tire than the BFG Mud Terrains, now the thread isn't as aggressive but it's probably better for me with the highway driving that I do, and theres not rally any mud in Newfoundland....just rocks.

Back to the shackles, anyone know if Canadian Tire or NAPA can get them? I want to get all this done in the next week, and don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for shackles to show up as I need the tires now. I'll do the torsion bar crank myself then bring it Crappy Tire and get them to install the shackles and do an alignment and install the tires all at once.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Beginning Member

Quick question...but does anyone know if the 31's will fit on the rear without shackles...there won't be any off roading without the shackles.

I did the T Bar crank...super easy to go and I'm happy with the results, although does anyone know if the bolts on both sides should be around the same turns in or out? I turned both bolts 5 complete turns, from what I read it should be good for 1 1/4" but honestly it looks like more, but the drivers side bolt is almost the whole way in and the passengers side can probably go another 6-7 complete turns. I'm going to get my tires on Monday if they'll go on without anything done in the rear, I'm trying to do a add-a-leaf kit to get the extra 2" of lift, and also stiffen up the rear for my hitch dirtbike carrier and alsofor hauling my 16x7 snowmobile trailer...used to tow it with a new Colorado when I had one for a demo but the Blazer should do it too...about 3000lbs with skidoo loaded.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Beginning Member

Well, I got the tires installed and the add a leaf kit, and t bar crank, new wheel bearing on front drivers side, and it needs a U joint next week. I am impressed with the look, I just got it back to the mine site this morning after getting the work done yesterday and love the look of it, exactly what I was going for! I'll add pics tonight when I get into cell range and upload one.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Beginning Member

Here's a pic finally

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer LS Build