Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Boring Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Nothing too exciting to report really. One of my LED bulbs died, got new pair for free from the seller. That and I finally installed my new dash speaker grills and did an oil change. Pretty much been driving it until... The tailpipe that I bent last year when I hit a hill and have been trying to save, worked its way loose and hit the ground. Before I could get stopped it pushed the back up into the bumper (no damage there) and got bent beyond repair.

I was on the side of the road on the way to work trying to wrestle this mess out, took a while. Got a new pipe, took a side by side for comparison.

Where the front caught the ground

I think it got bent around the axle.

Got the new one on. Had to get a new extension too since the flowmaster is shorter than the dynomax one. This has since been welded.

Fits perfect

Old 11-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Nothing too exciting to report really. One of my LED bulbs died, got new pair for free from the seller. That and I finally installed my new dash speaker grills and did an oil change. Pretty much been driving it until... The tailpipe that I bent last year when I hit a hill and have been trying to save, worked its way loose and hit the ground. Before I could get stopped it pushed the back up into the bumper (no damage there) and got bent beyond repair.

I was on the side of the road on the way to work trying to wrestle this mess out, took a while. Got a new pipe, took a side by side for comparison.
New tailpipe looks good. I remember when my tail pipe rusted off on my way to college. It rusted off of the back of the muffler kind of like yours. I was afraid of what you had happpen. Luckily it didnt happen to mine.

I went out to the parking lot on my lunch break. One of my buddies had a can of WD-40 in his car and i sprayed some on the rubber hanger. Got it off of that and the tail pipe came out and i just threw it in the back lol. Got to love the space. My new tail pipe is bigger than the old one and i love it. Im glad there was no damage to yours

Old 11-26-2017, 10:59 AM

Put blue LEDs in my HVAC controls. I did have to bend them to fit since they are a lot bigger than the original bulbs. So the top of the gauges turned out a little brighter but overall I am happy with the results.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:50 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

The LEDs and those ***** look sweet in there!

Old 11-26-2017, 02:29 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice.... looking to do the blue less soon myself

Old 12-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Thanks guys.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
snuffy is on a distinguished road

Looks very cool, I like it.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM

So I have been using cheap blue LEDs for a while now in my dash and they always wind up flickering. The last set I got was especially bad. They had 5 LEDs each. One on top and 1 on each of the 4 sides. Here is a video that I grabbed when it go really bad. Sorry for the low quality, my phone doesn't record well in the dark.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2m...ew?usp=sharing

This one was probably the worst. It was off more that it was on.

This only had 1 led working constantly and the other 4 would take turns blinking.

I ordered a set from SuperBrightLeds.com and so far I haven't had any issues with them. The blue isn't as dark but I really like them.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:58 PM

My driver's seat belt button broke last weekend. The button on it was getting stuck down. So I pulled my old one out last night before I went to the junk yard today. Well I found this when I pulled the seat up and went to unplug the seat belt wire.

Not sure why my seat wires decided to melt, but I just cut the whole harness out of the blazer at the yard.

I broke my torx bit trying to get the back bolt out of the seat. I never got it out. I just use a nearby jack to lift the seat up. I had to use the broken bit to get the seat belt out once I moved the seat. It was not fun.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:43 PM

So, I decided to finally replace my Neutral Safety Switch / Range selector. The two reasons why are that my back up lights are always on, and the gear selector has never really been accurate. At some point someone replaced it with a used one and just spliced the wires in instead of replacing them. I was surprised how easy it was to get the harness out. About 5 minutes with a heat gun and they came right out with big strings of melted epoxy.

I broke the old one on the getting it out. Her are the wires, you can see the epoxy all over them.

Almost lost a bearing cap when i disconnected the drive shaft, luckily I caught it

Old garbage

New garbage. There is a pin in the second picture that I circled. It barely stick out of the epoxy, not sure if it will make contact.

Quick Reply: 2000 Boring Blazer Build