Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Boring Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the hardest part would be cutting them. Even then, it would be worth it, considering the price of them online...

Old 01-03-2020, 07:42 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I had a massive power steering leak so I replaced all of my hoses.even though they are dry. By odd luck I dropped my 10mm behind the grill. So I pulled the grill and there was power steering fluid everywhere. My cooler had a couple of leaky spots so I decided to replace it. I wasn't going to spend $80 for a stock one so I got a little cheap one off of
amazon amazon
. Instead of running hoses all the way from the pump I used the lines that went to the stock cooler and just cut and flared the ends. I also sanded all of the surface rust off and primed and painted them. I got it all done an my steering is fine. No more leaks.

This is what is left of the stock cooler. It was leaking where it mounts to the bracket.

Here is what I cut off to run the lines to.

Here is the finished product. I used some pieces of old line to space the 2 pieces apart. Does anyone see what is wrong with this picture?

If you guessed that the lines run right in front of where the grill snaps in you would be right.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:16 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Did you trim the grill for the reinstall? Good job, looks good.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Did you trim the grill for the reinstall? Good job, looks good.
Thanks. just, readjusted the lines a bit so the grill would clear.. So far everything works great.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:01 AM
Starting Member
03jawja is on a distinguished road

This is a great build!!

Old 01-29-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 03jawja
This is a great build!!
Thanks!

Old 06-04-2020, 09:04 PM

I replaced some things this weekend. I replaced the upper control arms with ones I got from the junkyard and painted and Installed new bushings. I also added urethane upper and lower universal bump stops from Energy Suspension. I also did, all 4 ball joints, torsion bar mounts and pads and rotors. I got it aligned yesterday and it is so much better now. My stock control arm bushings were really bad, as in chunks were missing. I also replaced one of the cam bolts on each side. I thought they were sets of 2 but they were individual. Luckily my factory ones were in good shape. Here are some pictures.

Now I just need to figure out why my ABS light is on. I double checked that all of the sensors are plugged in. The only thing I can see is that the brake fluid reservoir was over full, I guess from compressing the caliper pistons.

Old 06-05-2020, 12:42 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Regarding the ABS sensor, I once accidentally did not route the electrical wire for the ABS sensor correctly and it got pinched and one of the conductors broke. Because it was installed with a penta-head bolt I could not replace the sensor and I had to repair the wire. I did this by soldering the wire, covering it with heat-shrink, and then added a layer of the self-fusing silicone "Rescue Tape." I had to take the rescue tape off once and I could see how it really did fuse to itself. Never had a problem since.

The routing problem came from my use of the Rough Country upper control arms as part of my suspension lift so with your stock upper control arms this problem is less likely. But I thought I'd share anyway just in case.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:13 AM

The driver side one was pretty sketchy so I might replace that one and see if it helps since I have a spare new one.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:14 PM

Found the culprit. The driver's side sensor wasn't all the way into the hub. I replaced the whole thing anyway since it was in pretty sketchy shape and I had a new one on hand. No more ABS light.

Quick Reply: 2000 Boring Blazer Build