Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2001 Bravada Stock "Build"

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Starting Member
ntjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 Bravada Stock "Build"

So I have had this Bravada since 2011 when my father in law (original owner) gave it to my stepdaughter - I still have the window sticker for it and the receipt for the first year of the now non-functional OnStar. He took good care of it, but over time let it get a little out of date on its maintenance. My stepdaughter drove it until late 2012 when she could not longer afford the gas, so I gave her another car and took this for my daily driver. While I am not planning on much of any modifications, I liked the idea of doing a thread to track my work so this will be very boring. Since 2012, I have done the following to it:

Alternator
AC Compressor
Replaced transmission with a used one (broken sun-shell)
Ball Joints and Idler Arm
Motor Mounts
Both Front Wheel Bearings
Water Pump
2x AWD Encoder Motor (first one worked for a while but then started blowing fuses a year later)
Head Gaskets and Intake Gaskets
Plugs/Wires/Cap (AC Delco)
Skip White Performance Distributor
New Goodyear Wrangler tires (2nd set of tires since we have owned it)
Bluetooth OBD2 ELM 327 and Car Gauge Pro on an old Android phone that I leave in the truck
Sylvania Silverstars for both high and low beams (pretty happy overall with them)

The odometer is currently at 271K, but runs great. The only thing I need to fix soon is slightly leaking oil cooler lines, a P0440 code, and a secondary air injection pump code. I'm still running the stock Bose system which sounds really good, and the interior is solid (leather, sunroof).

Here is a pic before I got the Goodyears on it:

And after:

I admit I was stunned that anyone would do a plastic distributor, and am EXTREMELY happy with the new one:

And despite the AWD seeming somewhat buggy, it did good last snow here in Kentucky and made it through this with no issues:

Attached Thumbnails 2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-img_2413.jpg   2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-img_2430.jpg   2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-img_2170.jpg   2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-img_0500.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 06:06 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty clean.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Looks pretty clean.
Thank you sir!

I was cleaning out the glove compartment and was amazed how much these things cost when new 15 years ago!

When we were moving my father in law from his home in Tennessee back to KY, I found the cargo management system mat in his storage room, but no sign of the parts that make the "bins". I have looked online and can find no lead toward them

Attached Thumbnails 2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-img_2459.jpg   2001 Bravada Stock "Build"-sticker.jpg  

Last edited by ntjoe; 04-26-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Starting Member

No mods, but got my P0440 CEL taken care of. After following the flowchart on this site, I tracked it down to a faulty vapor canister vent solenoid. Order this one from Amazon (
Amazon.com: Dorman 911-033 Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid: Automotive Amazon.com: Dorman 911-033 Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid: Automotive
) and got it installed right above the rear end, and no more CEL. The old one was caked with dirt, and honestly might still work if I cleaned it with WD40 or something like that, but the new one was only $20, so I can't complain.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ntjoe
Thank you sir!

I was cleaning out the glove compartment and was amazed how much these things cost when new 15 years ago!

When we were moving my father in law from his home in Tennessee back to KY, I found the cargo management system mat in his storage room, but no sign of the parts that make the "bins". I have looked online and can find no lead toward them
I was in the same boat when I searched up my 04 Trailblazer finding it was 33k new.

Glad you got the CEL figured out.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I love that cargo liner. I have been keeping a look out for one of those every time I go to the yard.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:09 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
I love that cargo liner. I have been keeping a look out for one of those every time I go to the yard.
Thanks!

I have tried everywhere I can to find the bins for it and check yards whenever I am around....If I find one of the mats here in Kentucky I'll let you know.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:09 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
I was in the same boat when I searched up my 04 Trailblazer finding it was 33k new.

Glad you got the CEL figured out.
Thanks!

Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Beginning Member
Fumblingwisdom is on a distinguished road

Nice!

Old 10-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Starting Member

So no picture however moved to a Flowmaster 40 after the stock muffler decided to split up....literally. Very happy with the sound on it. Give the truck just a nice bit of rumble without being obnoxious.

Quick Reply: 2001 Bravada Stock "Build"