Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2001 Bravada Stock "Build"

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 09:13 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Very nice bravada! Taillights look good, and so does the head unit. How's the pumpkin work? I've been considering one for a while

Old 03-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Starting Member
ntjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Very nice bravada! Taillights look good, and so does the head unit. How's the pumpkin work? I've been considering one for a while
Thanks man, your ride is amazing - great work!

I'm very impressed with the Pumpkin. Torque comes with it and it connects seamlessly and quickly. I haven't installed Car Gauge Pro yet but will do that soon. Some feedback I read said it was under powered, however running it through the factory Bose amp (I wired in RCA's to run the low level input from the stereo into the harness) I get a great clean and crisp sound with a nice bump - I know there are not a lot of fans of the Bose system, but I love the sound of mine and the EQ in the unit really lets you get the sound you want. The first boot is forever, but after that it takes about 2 seconds to boot. The touch screen is very good with great color and very reactive to touch, unlike some other units I had that didn't do quite to well.

The amount of inputs is great (1 SD, up to two USB that can also use a data dongle) and the GPS antenna gets amazing signal. Plus the external wifi antenna has great range also. It also has an internal and external mic for the bluetooth phone function and it picks up great.

It runs Android 7.1 and is very fast. I can't speak highly enough about this device....HIGHLY recommend it.

Here are the specs for it - https://www.autopumpkin.com/android-...dio-audio.html

Last edited by ntjoe; 03-27-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Starting Member

Got Car Gauge Pro installed....love it!

Old 05-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Starting Member

Decided that while the sound went the Bose system was good, I needed more range. I can’t justify gutting the Bose system, so I ran across a 8 inch powered Bazooka tube. I hooked it to the Pumpkin stereos sub output and turned down th base going through the Bose system.

Sounds great....VERY happy with the setup and overall quality. I also took some time to trim up the dash so the radio would fit a little better.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:44 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Looks nice and clean!

I've been through several double din touch screen units in my 04 and have finally just settled on a single din Pioneer until I get around to getting either a full on Android OS unit or Linux based CarPC system to replace it :P

Old 05-20-2018, 10:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Looks nice and clean!

I've been through several double din touch screen units in my 04 and have finally just settled on a single din Pioneer until I get around to getting either a full on Android OS unit or Linux based CarPC system to replace it :P
You can’t go wrong with the Pumpkin unit. Access to the Android Marketplace as well as the features it already has. I’ve got a 64gb flash drive installed in the glovebox to one of its usb drive cables as a 32gb SD in the front for software and if I ever decide to install some offline maps.

The only downside side I can say is the lack of flexibility in he home screen but that can be solved by several launchers. Plus is comparability with my Bluetooth OBDII reader is awesome....

Old 12-06-2018, 05:46 PM
RTJ49 is on a distinguished road

Nice Bravada. I have a 2000. I put a Blazer front bumper/grill on it. I like the chrome look.