Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 blazer engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
JMurphy is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 blazer engine swap

i recently got my first car a 2002 blazer. not my dream car but it moves and it has potential. i want a little more power and the engine has alot of miles on it so i was considering a engine swap. i saw this nice diesel engine i was considering but it is 403 cubic inches so i dout it will ever fit without any serious mods. does anyone know how large of a engine i can fit cubic inches wise? do you guys have any suggestions or ideas for me?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:02 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Anything will fit with time and money.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

HAHA x2 Skotti!!

OP please do some research and see what you find before you post up such silly questions. There have been hundreds if not thousands of s-series engine swaps posted on the internet with all kinds of details on what is easiest and what is hardest. Like Skotti said anything will fit with time and money not trying to offend but judging by your post anything more than a "simple" 5.7 swap (that really isn't simple at all) is way above your skill set. Please just do some research and then let us know what you find and want to try and accomplish in the appropriate section of the forum. We are here to help but no one likes crazy questions without you having done any reading or research first!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM

i did do research and i was having trouble finding what i was looking for so i thought i would ask all of you since this seemed like the place to go i didnt think it was a "silly" question i actually have alot of auto knowledge but i need more yes please dont insult me saying something is over my head i was just trieing to find out what i can put in with out modifieing anything sorry if i came to the wrong place and i thought this was the write area to post in if not im sorry i am new to the site still learning my way around and again i did read and research first i was having alot of trouble finding things so i came here aparently it is the wrong place

Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Starting Member
Jase1979 is on a distinguished road

A Vortec 5.7L is the easy swap to do but like they were saying it really isn't all that easy, you need to buy or make a custom oil pan, electric cooling fans, re wire the ecm harness for the extra injectors, custom made or buy very expensive headers.
Here is a link to someone who has done it. ZR2MIKE's 5.7 V8 BlaZeR2

Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

^ i would do exactly that, out of all the swaps, besides a tiny 282 v8?, they are the easiest swap, a lot of ppl struggle with the wiring harness though. take a look at this build It's Alive! - S-10 Forum that build is using a duramax and their is a shi* ton of work involved with frame modifications etc, it can be done, but time and money is key for anything with 400 cubic inch. I would personally keep it simple'r with a 5.3 or 5.7. Everyone has done it different though.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JMurphy
i did do research and i was having trouble finding what i was looking for so i thought i would ask all of you since this seemed like the place to go i didnt think it was a "silly" question i actually have alot of auto knowledge but i need more yes please dont insult me saying something is over my head i was just trieing to find out what i can put in with out modifieing anything sorry if i came to the wrong place and i thought this was the write area to post in if not im sorry i am new to the site still learning my way around and again i did read and research first i was having alot of trouble finding things so i came here aparently it is the wrong place
I appologize if that came off as offensive to you it was not intended to be. I just know that with a simple google search I have found tons of info on motor swaps for our trucks with what will and won't work without extensive modification. Just coming on the forum and basically saying hey tell me what to do and what I need as your first post is going to get a response like that. Tell us about yourself and what knowledge you have give us something to work with. What are your goals as to use for the truck or what are you hoping to accomplish with this swap? The only thing I understood from your post is that you "want a little more power" and "how big of an engine can I fit cubic inches wise." The first one doesn't really tell me much of anything and the second is like I said covered countless times online. I would say that before I spent hours and hours online reading about these trucks and swaps people have done to them any motor swap was above my head as well and I have built and installed several motors over the years. Research has taught me alot about this subject and I have yet to ask anyone anything about it not that I won't just that there is so much info out there about it. Just spend some time on here and other forums looking at peoples build and swap threads and you will learn so much you probably won't be able to retain it all I sure can't anyway. Again sorry if I offended you it wasn't intentional. We are here to help but I don't think any of us wants to repeat what has been covered so much. If you do end up doing a swap please start a build thread and keep us updated along the way. I will subscribe and watch it start to finish! Good luck on your search and let us know how it turns out!!

PS: Mods can you move this thread to the appropriate section for this nice gentleman

PS#2: Man thats a long post sorry everyone!!

Last edited by rexmburns; 09-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 PM

thank you for the apology a lot of people don't have the ***** to apologize sincerely. i will try harder to do more in depth research. i didn't realize your first post you were supposed to tell everyone what you know and about yourself ill make sure to do that soon. i just didn't do that in the first place cause i didn't think people want to know about me they just want to know about my car. this is not a dating service lol but if thats what everyone does ill make one of those posts.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Haha no worries man! Telling us a little about you just makes it easier to figure out what your really looking for this making it easier to help you out is all. We like to keep it friendly and helpful here