Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

dude this is going to be a crazy sleeper. What are you doing for your clutch pedal assembly? 5-speed s10/blazer parts?

Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great cant wait to see it finished, ive been dreaming of this since i bought my blazer

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i'm going to run the blazer 5 speed pedal assembly. I found a set of pedal covers from GM for a corvette that i think will look awesome! I don't know about this bein a sleeper because its going to be loud as all hell but i think it will def catch some people off gaurd.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
damn man now thas what im talkin about!!!! you think you can post up a price rundown as to what you have spent so fr and how much you still have left to spend cause im thinking about doing the same thing to my blazer. thnx
Well so far ive spent around $9,000 and i need an additional $4,000 to finish but i have bought alot of parts from GM... you could get away with spending alot less.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

**** man.... I would love to see this completely finished.. But can I make one suggestion? LS9... lol

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Xtremechubs
yeah i'm going to run the blazer 5 speed pedal assembly. I found a set of pedal covers from GM for a corvette that i think will look awesome! I don't know about this bein a sleeper because its going to be loud as all hell but i think it will def catch some people off gaurd.
The corvette covers would tie it together nicely. Any thought in swapping the guage cluster from the 5speed? That way you eliminate the automatic gear selection

Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Where exactly will this blazer be located? I am going with my fiancee on a nice road trip this summer... and if you got it finished? Care if a fellow blazer forum member drops by?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

note to self ride up to OK to see this truck lol

Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
The corvette covers would tie it together nicely. Any thought in swapping the guage cluster from the 5speed? That way you eliminate the automatic gear selection
My blazer had the floor shifter so no need for the cluster change. I want to see if i can get a place that rebuilds clusters to recalibrate the stock gauges and get a custom face made that goes to 8,000rpm and runs out to 200mph. I found a place on the internet called southern electronics that rebuild the gauge clusters but i want to see if they can do it.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by wlorton
Where exactly will this blazer be located? I am going with my fiancee on a nice road trip this summer... and if you got it finished? Care if a fellow blazer forum member drops by?
I live in edmond oklahoma and i will be done with it by next summer so you guys could swing by and check it out if you wanted.

Quick Reply: 2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap