Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 zr2 6in lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Beginning Member
neal is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 zr2 6in lift

i am starting to install a 6 in super lift kit on my 2002 zr2 blazer. i am still waiting on parts. i would like to know if any one knows what is diferent beween the stock rear drive shaft and the very expentive one super lift says that you need for the auto 4x4 s 10

Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

it say in the notes
# Models with Autotrac require replacement rear driveshaft, shown in options.
So if you dont have autotrac you shouldnt need it. I think autotrac was only in the bravadas though

Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Smarttrak was the Bravada designation. I am not sure what the designation is for the NV236 transfer case s-series trucks like what I believe the OP has.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
it say in the notes
# Models with Autotrac require replacement rear driveshaft, shown in options.
So if you dont have autotrac you shouldnt need it. I think autotrac was only in the bravadas though
i thought "Autotrac" was the proper name for the 4 button 4WD system in the Chev's?

also, Neal, if you require a longer DS because of the lift (which is what i'm guessing SuperLift is suggesting it for), why not just hit a local driveline shop with the measurement for the new tube? it's gonna be waaaaay cheaper, and should be done the next day (unless they're really busy).

Old 02-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

^Yeah, I thought Autotrac was the option offered (as of some point in the +98s) where if you had wheel slippage that 4WD would automatically kick in?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Beginning Member
neal is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 zr2 6 in lift

auto trac is a four button system on some blazers, when engaged it alowes the frount end to engage when the rear end spins. i dont know if the drive lline needs to be longer or if there is a c/v joint added or what.super lift does not show a picture or discription as to what the diferance is and as you noted i can have one build one cheaper, i knew what the diferance is