Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2005 Blazer 2dr lift... home made body lift???...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member
SmoyMoose is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 Blazer 2dr lift... home made body lift???...

for anyone that ever thought about it like i have well this little project may answer some questions that some people may have...

Well Im currently in the process of doing a HOME MADE body lift, yes will also be lifting the bumpers, the vehicle is a 2005 Blazer 4x4 2door
s-series 4.3L vortec. if anyone feels that im wrong about anything while im doing this please feel free to note the correct info. I will be filling this out as im going step by step with pics.
there is many sorts of BL's out there for the s-series blazer and pick-up, i desided to go ahead and made one up, with the access to a welding shop and whatever i needed to pull this off, rather do that and have some fun doing so than forking out $300 for one from ebay or where ever...

the other day i crawled up under the blazer and counted the mounts
2-under the rad, 2-under the fire wall, 2-under the door post(front of rear tires) 2-in the rear wheel well on to, 2-right in back covers 10 in total...

today i started the fab of the blocks, i desided to just go with a 2'' BL just enought to clear the tires im looking for, i started off with some heavy steel pipe (2 1/2'') and cut 10 peices off at 1 3/4'' to allow for the thickness of the plates i will be welding on each end of the pipe, then i cut out the 1/8'' plate to the fit the pipe and trimed it so its round also, and welded both together. turned out as a 2'' block.

after i got them all welded i put them next to boughten blocks my buddy had in the garage for his TJ both the same size(hight and width) but his is plastic and mine are all metal,
just gridded down abit the weldin that gumed up abit and the painted them, looks great so far just waiting on the paint to dry and for the next i got off work to try to install it....

Will post the pics ASAP for those who are interested...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

the process sounds pretty good, im not sure about the metal idea, but idk why not...you need to get some pics of your blazer up here so we can see that custom bumper and skidplate!! lol

Old 03-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

May want to check your local laws concerning bumper height. I know in the States it can be a problem.

I do`t think your going high enough that it will be a problem but better safe then ticketed.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Beginning Member
SmoyMoose is on a distinguished road

the custom bumper beat up pretty got the other day when me and my buddy went 4wheelin, gotta get it fixed before i puts it back on. and also at the same time i got stuck bad enought that i ended up straightin out the two tow hooks on the front trying to get her out, the next day i went to the local scrap yard and got a set loops off a 2004 F350 lol. fited right up just had to drill one new hole for each loop. but when the lift gets done and the bumper and skidplates are back on ill get a good pick and post her for you to have a look.

has for bumper hights, cops dont inforce it around here, and i dont think she will be that high..

Old 03-30-2010, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

At least you're not using hockey pucks! haha. I saw the title and was thinking "oh no..." but if you do it right it will turn out fine.
Also, a decent body lift shipped to Canada should only cost you about $200...I've seen as low as $150. Maybe it's more to ship to NL though?