Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Home made remote start bypass module.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
dharvey4651 is on a distinguished road
Question Home made remote start bypass module.

Hi guys I'm newly registered here but I've used this site for reference for several years. If I'm posting this question in the wrong section please forgive me.

Currently I have a Codealarm CA6552 remote start/security system installed in my 2000 Blazer LT 4DR 4WD. I have a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module as well to bypass GM's passlock 2 security. The biggest problem with this setup is that when you remove the battery to either replace it or work on something electrical like alternator or starter etc... The bypass module needs to be reprogrammed. Every time. Talk about irritating...

I found a diagram online that tells you how to fabricate a bypass module using just a couple of relays some wire and a resister. This would be ideal because it wouldn't have a memory and would never need to be programmed and would survive the battery being removed without issue.

Relay Diagrams - GM Vehicle Anti-Theft System - Passkey II

Has anybody built one of these? If so, what kind of resister did you use? Was it difficult?

Any insight would be appreciated. Some helpful instructions would be awesome too if anyone has the time and patience to help out a noob.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Starting Member
98blazin is on a distinguished road

i bypassed the passlock on my 98 blazer with about 1$ worth of resistors, shrink tube and it took 5 minutes.

you have to read the resistance on the signal wire, cut it, and ''replace it'' with the right resistor to fake it.

do a search and you will find more info, i don't remember where i read it - its been over a year.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM
dharvey4651 is on a distinguished road

Another method I read about is to:

Disassemble dashboard and find the Yellow and Orange/Black wires coming from the key cylinder.

Cut the yellow wire, strip back some of the insulation from the black wire.

Measure the resistance between the key side of the yellow wire and the black wire.

Solder a resister matching the value you measured to the BCM side of the yellow wire and the black wire where you stripped back the insulation.

Insulate all solder joints with electrical tape and or heatshrink.

Tape off key side of yellow wire

Reassemble dashboard.

Is this what you did 98blazin? How long have you had it set up and have you had any issues with it?

Has anyone else done this and if so, can you report on whether you had any issues using this method? I'm torn between either this or the relay method I linked to above but really would like to hear from some people who have already done it and hear how it worked out for them.

Last edited by dharvey4651; 02-10-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
98blazin is on a distinguished road

yes thats exactly what i did, no problem since i did it.