Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2005 blazer s-10 build

Old 06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
luckystrike is on a distinguished road
Cool 2005 blazer s-10 build

so after just selling my 97 dodge ram lifted and stuff, i decided i just cant manage with a stock ride. so i had bought this 2005 s-10blazer 2 door, 4x4, with under 30 k on the clock in januarary for 5 grand. so the the time has come to start building.
\
heres the truck

this is the plan..

im cutting the leaf spring perches off the vehicle via acedlyn torch. ill be welding these back on the axle upside down and fabbing some new bump stops. thus creating and over the axle spring set up. i estimate that will be 3 inches of lift.

but what about the front???? ill be ordering the 2 inch front side susp lift kit from superlift and then fitting thefront springs from a zr2. roughly 3 inches there.

im thinking about an additional 2 inch bl from rough country (although i despisebodylifting) this may be the bestoption to achieve an affordable 5 inch lift.

undecided about tires yet, much of that will be decided on if i want to raise the center of gravity with the bl. may settle on 31x10.5 mickey thompson mtz on some polished alumium classic II rims with a 4 inch offset.

heading to the helicopter andairplane junk yard this weekend to scrap some apahachee seats (cant stand the factories)

anyways, wish me luck...

p.s. anyone know if there is a rear locker avalaible? linky please

Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you luck with your aspirations, but over 2" suspension lift up front is not in the cards for these trucks without relocating the front differential (5" or 6" lifts are available). 2" stresses the CV shafts enough to break them without dropping the diff.

As far as lockers for the rear. Just go onto SummitRacing.com or Jegs.com and search for a 7.625" rear end with, I believe, a 28 spline axle shaft. You should be able to find both the lunch box locker style and the full differential locker or selectable locker setups. You could also search the forum for others that have looked and what they have found.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ok a spring over axle will get you roughly 5 inches. Also nothing from a ZR2 will get you any lift. The reason they sit higher is because it has a different frame.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:26 PM

thanks for the advice guys. good to know about the zr2 parts not fitting, that will save me some time and trouble.

i just got looking at lift kits. looks like bds will sell just the front end lift kit on there 5 inch kit. so that will be the way ill be going i guess.

damn i already straight axles....they were so much cheaper.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i personally would get the new leaf perches from superlift. They are very easy to do. The are made so the fit perfectly over the axle and set in the old perches. If you weld your own you will have to get the right angle and make sure they are both on the exact same angle.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
i personally would get the new leaf perches from superlift. They are very easy to do. The are made so the fit perfectly over the axle and set in the old perches. If you weld your own you will have to get the right angle and make sure they are both on the exact same angle.

thanks for the tip. do you have a link. i went to there website and they sow nothing for the blazer