Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

'79 K5 and '88 K5 Builds

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010 | 04:33 PM
|
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

That's neat!! Thanks for Sharing.. I should put up a pic of my whole right hand and see what you can make of it, that was my left hand btw if that makes any difference

Old 11-20-2010 | 04:36 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
That's neat!! Thanks for Sharing.. I should put up a pic of my whole right hand and see what you can make of it, that was my left hand btw if that makes any difference
Left works good.

Old 11-20-2010 | 04:44 PM
|
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Sweet cause I can't do anything with my left hand lol.

Have fun!!! lol, don't pick on my pinky, I had to force it to be in that position, it usually sticks out lol.

Old 11-20-2010 | 04:56 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

WOW - I'm surprised you're married, but this isn't the place for that, I'm sure you love him anyway. lol

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you might want to steer clear of palm readers. I don't actually believe any of it because I know a little bit about its origins, so I'll tell you what you'd hear anyway.

Your life line is very short and not very well pronounced. This reinforces your weak health line and a disjointed fate line. The fate line looks as if your life is marked by three of four times where you veer off course and are abruptly brought back from time to time. In fact in mid-life you take a huge detour before you get back on track. Later in life you seem to have a brief spell near the end where things actually work out and fall in line for you.

Stay away from palm readers - just my advice.

Old 11-21-2010 | 06:03 PM
|

haha, I don't actually pay attention to it. I just like hearing what people make of it. lol

So I still havent gotten the engine in, but I'm planning to tomorrow. I've got the hoist and engine stand sitting in front of my truck ready to go.

Old 11-22-2010 | 04:34 PM
|

Engine got put on hold again. My old Flywheel, doesn't fit onto my crank. So I've got to wait til the neighbor gets home tomorrow to see if any of his old Marine flywheels will fit. So in the meantime my interior is being torn out and painted.

I'll have pics of whats left of the interior tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:34 AM
|

Old 12-04-2010 | 09:15 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i like the flat black and pink. my favorite part out of everything you have painted was the edged of your signals and tails. and with the nite shades i think that will make an awesome effect.

just some advice though- ii dont know how much experience you have with nite shade paint.but it really really doesnt take much to make it dark as heck. and doing a lite wetsand before you paint and after can work wonders on how smooth it will look after painted...

good looking k5 .

Old 12-04-2010 | 09:37 AM
|

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
i like the flat black and pink. my favorite part out of everything you have painted was the edged of your signals and tails. and with the nite shades i think that will make an awesome effect.

just some advice though- ii dont know how much experience you have with nite shade paint.but it really really doesnt take much to make it dark as heck. and doing a lite wetsand before you paint and after can work wonders on how smooth it will look after painted...

good looking k5 .
. Thanks!! The pink and black all started with the grille. It got painted pink and then the next thing where the diff covers and steering assembly. And then it just flew from there! Lol

I've never used Niteshade so thanks for the tips!!! I won't be using it anytime soon. Gotta get her ready to be moves across state by a bunch of Marines... Lord only knows what can happen when Marines are involved.

My newest free acquisition. I'm workin on the design for another. I'll share them when I'm finished!

Old 12-04-2010 | 02:44 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

hey hey hey now. only good things come from Marines. I should know ......=P!

Quick Reply: '79 K5 and '88 K5 Builds