Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

85 k5 and 85 c30 build up

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
exilous is on a distinguished road
Default 85 k5 and 85 c30 build up

My main project started off as a rebuild of my uncles C30 I got from him for free. It was always shop kept never driven in wet weather because he owned a roofing company. but it has gone thru 3 engines do to people overloading the hell out of it over the years and not knowing how to drive standard. Typical rot cab corners, rockers parts of the wheel wells top part of the firewall and drivers side floor pan. and the dump bed. Thats how the story starts, anyway I was on craigslist looking for parts and found an 85 k5 blazer in rough shape with no engine. It had the silverado package with all the trim so I dismantled the truck kept all the upgrades and trim pieces and tilt wheel for my dump truck. bought it for $250 and it came with a fisher plow. I parted it out still have tons of stuff leftover made my money back plus extra. So over the last few months ive bought and parted out 4 more blazers getting them for around the same price and making money off the deal and i've acquired all parts I need for my C30 so now i need to refocus and begin working on that although all that dismantling was very entertaining. And I learned a lot about chevies and GMCs. I recently purchased 2 more an 87 GMC Jimmy and an 85 K5 BLazer. I have decided that I am keeping the 85 and once I finish my C30 I will commence work on the 85. I just have so many freaking parts floating around and no one has any money to buy them from me I might as well make them into a truck again. Thus why I joined this website to get more insite into the blazers and see if i can help out people with parts needs.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good! Keep us updated and post some pictures of your trucks!!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Beginning Member

Ok well since my comp got a virus and i had to wipe the harddrive and reinstall windows xp I lost all my pics. I did back them up on a cd but my cd reader is not recognizing the cd >_< which sucks. So i'll fill ya in with words until I can find my pics somewhere. I know I have them on my facebook account in a huge folder. Either way. I got my C30 with the dump body full of garbage and all that nice stuff emptied it out cleaned it all up, i did some minor repairs I put new exhaust gaskets on new shocks all the way around, took off the rotted side box took the broken grille out and threw it away. I removed the steel cowl vent and sucked all the roofing materials out of the holes. I took the passenger fender off and removed the wheel well in hopes to repair the rot hole in it. The little patch that goes by the fire wall that always rots out? well they are rotted out on my truck. I took the doors off removed the bench seat and it looked like someone did a roof job under the seat there was so much garbage and dust under there. Although i found $7.43 in change. I took up the carpet and found that the passenger side floor is beautiful. Just have to replace the driver side. I ordered up a new floor mat and sound deadener along with a pair of cabcorners and rockerpanels. and a complete cab mount kit from LMC. I took off the dash pad to find a snarled mess of wires and you guessed it. I found 2x4s scrwed in to random spots under the dash and it looked like it was supporting something but it really wasnt. I removed the oval center speaker even though it wasnt hooked up to begin with. I replaced that with a pair of 3.5 inch Infinity speakers I found in one of my blazers I parted out. I do hope they work. I removed probably 1lb of wires that were either cut or not in use anymore and I'm down to 5 wires that I don't know where they go or what they do. So i'm doin alright. I figured out why the heat fan wouldnt work. not only did one of the wires was crossed but there wasnt a fuse in for the right spot so i got that working. I then removed the stock straight column and got ready to install the tilt wheel column for it. So the dash area is at a stand still until I get the steering wheel fixed and installed. I removed the pair of bucket seats from the GMC Jimmy and I will install them into the c30. Although I need to fab up a seat from cause it has the floor raised for the dual tanks so they don't fit well and they are too low. I then cut the floor pan out ready to put the new one in chopped the passenger cab corner and rocker panel out ready to weld in. chopped the driver side cab corner off didnt get to that rocker yet. Went back to the doner Jimmy and took off the passenger door, gutted it and proceeded to remove the rhino lining paint job off it. yes someone rhino lined the whole vehicle. But whats good is someone bought brand new replacement doors and passenger fender for it then rhino lined it so once I get the rhino lining off I should be good. so if anyone has any ideas as to removing it besides a paint scraper let me know. please. I will get picks up as soon as I can once I find some and get them relaoded. I will keep yall posted as I progress. As of right now its put on hold due to me getting into a fender bender 2 days ago and I need to remove my bumper on my dodge and fab up a nw bumper/brush gaurd for it.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have your pics on Facebook get yourself a free Photobucket account and copy some to there.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Beginning Member

I would have never thought of that, I will see if i can give that a try later today. more news i couldnt sleep last night so i went to my shop around 1am and by 3 am i had my passenger fender sanded then bondo'ed and halfway re-sanded. I did it all pretty much by hand cause the compressor I have at the shop can't handle my DA... all i have is a small pancake electric compressor. so everythign i've done has been all with hand tools.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:04 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like great fun.