Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

85 S15 Jimmy - the Tyclone - LT1 & AWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Beginning Member
keiin is on a distinguished road

Bravo!
Waiting eagerly finish!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Starting Member
GregW is on a distinguished road

Got my Sonoma GT bumperettes in! AWESOME!!

New direction with the project. Admiral Blue, with an Artic white stripe and two small hash marks on the left fender.

Its 1st car show was this past June.

Everything mocked up on it, looking about how it will look with paint.

And of course, the Typhoon comparison shot. :cheers

I installed the battery in the trunk. Cleans up the engine bay quite a bit and lets me drive it around the shop without inner fenders.

Sanded down the firewall and removed all the small stuff. Got it ready for some paint. Soon we will have color!

I go in my new hood pins! Thanks to Marty M, otherwise I never would have heard of these. He is using hood pins from the same company on his Syborg TT.
http://www.hoodpins.net/

My final decision for my paint scheme will not make everyone happy, but it pleases me and will make the truck truly unique and stand out wherever it goes. I have decided to paint it to match a 1996 Corvette Grand Sport. Stripes and all.

There were 1000 Grand Sports created in 1996 to commemorate the end of the production of the C4 vette. They all had an LT4, black ZR1 wheels, plus Admiral blue paint, a white stripe and then two red "hash marks" down the left "fender". I am going to do my truck in Admiral blue, with the painted white stripe with white pinstripes like the original, and add the hasg marks to the fender. I also am ordering the Grand Sport emblems for the fenders and painting the C5 18" wheels black. The truck has a "Corvette" engine, Vette wheels, Vette shifter, and a Vette paintjob.
Im pretty excited to see what it will look like all completed!

The one on the left is the Corvette.. I know they look alike...

So we started on the firewall. After the firewall we will jamb the fenders, hood and tailgate. Then jamb the truck. Its color time!!
Maksed

Painted...

Got da bling!!

Changed my mind on another item on the truck. Figured that before it goes to paint, I may as well get the body looking the way I want it.

More parts painted
Here are pictures of the cut-in fenders and tailgate. Today we'll have the doors and hood cut-in. Getting close!

In the booth

Lined up and lookin' BLUE!

More parts ready to get some color!

Back to sanding, gonna paint the jambs tomorrow

found a couple more dents to fix last minute

Interesting comparison...

Tyclone beside 96 Corvette Grand Sport with LT4

Tyclone

Grand Sport

94 Cadillac Fleetwood

And more paint!

The grille and cowl

Sonoma GT bumperettes

And the truck... I started blocking it one last time today but havent taken pictures of it since I guide coated it.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Starting Member

Time for some more blocking... ack...

Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Starting Member

More pictures!

Wet sanding and more wet sanding

Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Starting Member

Did I ever tell anyone about my power Typhoon seat?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Starting Member

I figure that before I put on my fenders it would be the perfect time to install my ZQ8 box. What a difference! I would highly recommend it to anyone without one!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looking good man... Wish I could do something similar with my project... But it seriously looks amazing...

Old 01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Starting Member

Re-worked the doors and right fender again this week. Got them in primer and should be ready this next week for paint... Still have the block some of the truck.

Got my inner fenders sanded down, re-primed and painted semi-gloss black.

We are doing a 70 Challenger R/T and just finished a 70 El Camino. Hopefully a 85 Jimmy will be next!

Our painter masked this hood. Can you guess who is going to mask the stripe on my truck?? All the white is painted on. No vinyl here!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Starting Member

Started blasting my hardware to put the truck back together. I plan to blast every nut and bolt and repaint them. Sounds like fun huh?

Quick Reply: 85 S15 Jimmy - the Tyclone - LT1 & AWD