Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

85 S15 Jimmy - the Tyclone - LT1 & AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Starting Member
GregW is on a distinguished road

So the Tyclone made the move home over the weekend. I brought it to work Aug 2007 and it arrived back home Dec 2011. Now I should be able to work on it a bit here and there in the garage!
My boss let me use his awesome trailer, and my buddy pulled it home with his diesel Dodge.

Ahhh... the open road! lol

Man its sexy from the back end!

The family picture!

Now this is really a moment for me. My Tyclone safely in the garage and my little boy standing infront of daddys project truck. Someday he will be able to help daddy wrench on it and I hope to take he and his older brother on the Hot Rod Power Tour in it someday.

Man this feels good to see it home!!

After a very productive day of moving the truck and all its misc parts home, we sat down to watch Cars and eat popcorn.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
chvyblazer00 is on a distinguished road

nice truck man!
theres a dealer near me and i know the owner, he just did a full resto on one of those, its so nasty, everything is brand new on it. Its insane how much money he has into it, its in the dealer show room with a big bowe on it haha ill have to take a picture of it and post it on here for you all to see

Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

i like the expensive electronics protection fence.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

love the family of chevy haha. s10 looks great but nothing will ever compare to your tyclone. amazing looking truck

Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Starting Member

I have decided that step #1 is to complete the doors. I want the power locks, windows and all interior parts done and then the door panels installed. Today we worked on the door panels.

I have the original Typhoon door panels from my wrecked parts truck. Problem is that the truck was TOTALLED in a head on collision and the doors were waded up. Therfore the panels were broken. I have three spare sets, light grey, tan and blue. I want the Typhoon door panel inserts and a clean set of panels. Here is what we did.

Started with taking of the switch plates and the Typhoon leather inserts.

Then I took the same parts off the light grey panels.

I then cleaned them up, masked them and scuffed them with some Scotchbrite and painted them with Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric paint. AWESOME!

Here is a before and after shot

Here is a stock Typhoon panel on the left with the freshly painted Tyclone panel onthe right.

And she sleeps again...

Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

wow just came across this thread,been going over all of it the last couple hours,GREG your doing an amazing job on it! one of the best threads ive came across outta all the forums ive been too. keep up the good work,i am now a follower

Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Nice to see more progress and that its safe at home. My project sits unprotected at my parents and I hate it.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I jump up a little in my seat everytime I see theres a new post in this thread. I am also one of the fans of the Tyclone. Im gonna check out your paint idea on my old door panels in the spring. Those look awesome after the paint.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Beginning Member
p_m_clean is on a distinguished road

YOU ARE A BOSS, I know a ton of people have told you good job, but good job. this is the rig I dream of building in wildest wet dreams. I have a 1990 that im going to 4x4 route but my life will not be complete unless I build something like this. Thanks for all the pics and good details

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Starting Member

A few weeks back I did some serious inside cleaning. Body shop dust is nasty.
before

after

Quick Reply: 85 S15 Jimmy - the Tyclone - LT1 & AWD