Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer W/ 454 project rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Tell us how you really feel
i think he just did!

engine is looking good Brew.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

My bad, I hate old wives tales

Old 11-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member
Brewpubeaver is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree whole hartedly. this motor will never see RPM`s over 7000. no reason to tack it. the guy who did the last rebuild did a little JB weld job on it. this is one of my first rebuilds on a motor that is older than i am.

project has been going very slow as time is a huge factor in this project. GTR has been pissy and breaking sh*t.... as well as working 14 hour shifts, now i picked up a new job. so time is spread thin...

Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow props on the choice of rides my friend. thats a beast of a blazer, i totally love the kiddie pool as a catch all. haha beautiful.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Beginning Member

Well, time to bring this back to life.

the truck has been sitting at my buddies for a while, and now it is mine. Pulled the Rad. today as it is still clogged, as well as trying to get the dask back in 100% working order.

where would be a good place to start looking for OE replacement parts for the gauges. The speed O is broken, and i need to figure out why the fuel gage is not working.

thanks.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brewpubeaver
Well, time to bring this back to life.

the truck has been sitting at my buddies for a while, and now it is mine. Pulled the Rad. today as it is still clogged, as well as trying to get the dask back in 100% working order.

where would be a good place to start looking for OE replacement parts for the gauges. The speed O is broken, and i need to figure out why the fuel gage is not working.

thanks.
LMC truck is your best bet Id say

Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

yea checked out that place, good sorce for brand new stuff. as of right now i am on the Craigslist hunt.

already found a full dash with all working gauges for $20 bucks.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

glad to see this back out front after 14 months.

$20 isn't to bad for a complete cluster pod. just make sure it's closer to the end of that era of truck. i know that the early 80's were a little different.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Beginning Member

really all i need is the speedO and odometer, the needle is busted and the speedO cable is rusted and seized.

Yea there is a lot of work to be done to get this up to my standards. It is now My project and not my buddies. So there wil lbe a lot more progress happening. I plan to get it running tip top and then sell it.

just need to get the steering fixed. wont turn the 40's AT ALL.... i can get a new power steering pump from Baxters for 47 bucks and a new gear box for 147, but i am not sure if it will be ok in the long run. i have heard you can get the power steering pump and gear box out of a bus or R.V. Still doing research on what is the best route to go.

Not really trying to invest that much cash in to this beast, it is a learning experiance as this is my first project that is this simple.

Last edited by Brewpubeaver; 02-02-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Aww why sell it? that is gonna be one mean mud machine I've been dreaming of a 454 blazer since before i've owned mine. Props on going American though brother, especially going bowtie for your first project

Quick Reply: 86 blazer W/ 454 project rebuild