Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

93 Jimmy Rehab

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 PM
skindog is on a distinguished road
Default 93 Jimmy Rehab

Well..... starting thread as promised.

1993 Jimmy with 43k that was in a bender. Frame in mishap, body, motor and trans, rear end, other bits salvagable.

Last weekend was the "get a nice frame, no benders". Till the salvage guy took her town and bent the frame. Made to my trailer, had pictures to show the straightness of the donor vehicle. Refunded no questions

Sourced another, but due to busy life I have to wait an.other 2 weeks. Hopefully its workable. Donor '94 at different salvage yard is on the ground, not sure how long. Worst case, my sorta-daily 94 blazer frame may have to be the one. Trying to avoid removing 2 bodies in a small sub-2 car garage (by my standards).

Been slowly disassembling the damaged front. Eventually, motor and all that moving out to clear for frame removal. Plan to roll a frame on up underneath with drive train, suspension and systems for fuel and brake sorted and then body will get pulled as straight as possible from a slightly tweaked passenger a-pillar structure, and carry on to full road legal asphalt cruiser.

Once I figure out pics, I'll post some. I have a google album, but it just posts a link in the post. Not the pics resourced into the post instantly. That's how I like to read threads.... instant pics! And photobucket is devils candy now. Dumped my account there as it was inoperable as 'free'. Not that google is any better.

Plan on resourcing a lot of new parts. Right front rolling components are pretty ravaged. Whatever is sketchy is getting outright replaced. Planning on a suspension lift kit. Been scouring the forums on things of that nature. LMC will be receiving some business from me as well. I plan to roll new fenders and such. I don't offroad. I do backroads though. My vehicles don't shy from gravel/dirt. Beats the freeway ride home in the afternoons.

I'll read up on posting pics and get back here on that. Plus other tidbits as they come. Gonna be a couple months for sure.