Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

94 Jimmy SLE Mud Toy

Old 01-19-2017, 06:13 PM
zs_v8jimmy is on a distinguished road

Well, aside from buying a new set of swivel sockets and getting all the exhaust manifold bolts/nuts off, I got stuck at the power steering pulley. Gonna get a puller tomorrow and get it off, then we continue on!

Old 01-20-2017, 07:54 PM

Okay, lots of fun work today, My power steering pulley puller lost it's ball bearing that sits on the shaft fell off, so I replaced it with a ball shaped rock. It got the job done, then 20 seconds later I found the damn ball. So after pulling it, I ripped off the bracket, the final exhaust manifold bolt, and pulled both lower and upper intake. Started on the passenger side head, but I ran into an issue with the manifold covering the bottom bolts. Gonna get the manifolds off and get the heads off tomorrow most likely.

I know it seems like I'm running in circles, pulling off random stuff when I could be just pulling the motor. Problem is, I haven't invested in an engine hoist yet, and I'm more or less waiting for them to go on sale at our local Harbor Freight :P

Hopefully motor gets pulled before the end of January still, along with the trans/TC and shafts.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:05 PM

Today was fun. Went and bought a grinder today and a few cut off wheels and went to town on the rear bumper. The previous owner had backed into a rock or something and completely messed up the bumper, so I just started making cuts and got it down to what I could. I also raised the front end a little higher in preparation for unbolting the transfer case and transmission for the engine pull. Soon the engine should be coming out!

Name:  fuXoDH2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  124.7 KB

Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 AM

More progress! Went a little more crazy with the grinder and started cutting the excess rust off of the panels. I never claimed to be any sort of novice with rust repair, but I got most of the stuff off the body (save for the lower door skins, which I'm going to take a wire brush to first), and then coated over it with rust stop to cover the bare metal. Also finished trimming the old bent up bumper out so I can get access to the mounts and actually take them off. We're also completely on jack stands now, and since the truck is up higher its a ton easier to get underneath it.

So, this week should consist of finishing off the rear bumper brackets and sliding up underneath the truck to get the transmission/transfer case unbolted and ready for removal!

Name:  yr4vIot.jpg
Size:  154.6 KB
Name:  lWPohsK.jpg
Size:  124.7 KB
Name:  ocokeOe.jpg
Size:  94.7 KB

Old 01-23-2017, 06:48 PM

Saving space for later, after rust repair panels are installed

Last edited by zs_v8jimmy; 01-24-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Got the rear driveshaft off today, may continue on after this post and contacting another member of the forum in regards to some of my plans. Depends on how much daylight I have.

Name:  QMaKVfa.jpg
Size:  79.2 KB

Old 01-31-2017, 05:59 PM

Well, got a letter from the city I live in stating I'm in violation of keeping a dismantled car in my driveway, so looks like the Jimmy is going to be taking a trip up to the country in a place about an hour and a half away from me. So progress is definitely going to slow down.

Name:  KLfGTCI.jpg
Size:  626.6 KB

Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I've seen this happen so many times! I hate places like that!

Old 02-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

This is ridiculous that you can't repair your own car. I could see it if you had cars all over the place but it doesn't look that way to me. Why can't people mind their own business. Sorry for the rant but this crap makes me angry and full of rage.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Brian Hinzpeter is on a distinguished road

looks like everything is coming along nicely hope the matter with the city gets cleared up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 Jimmy SLE Mud Toy