Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road

Yea we used a sawzall I held the roof while my father inlaw cut it that way it wasn't jumping on him as much , so the steps I did was
1.tape the line you want to cut across the roof
2. Cut the glass out of each side
3. Drop the padding from your sealing and remove all plastics from the back
4. Take the door off ( take the rubber seal off as well you'll use this later)
5.cut the top first
6. Cut the corners
7. Hammer in any metal the was left where the corners used to be cover that up (I screwed some thin aluminum down over it .
8. Clean where the glass used to be
9. Take that seal you pulled off and go around the sides where the glass used to be and the top of the roof .
Now I did take and cut the plastic off my full door , I cut the top peaces off and cut it down the middle because it won't be the full length and slid them down in the plastics and caulked them into place where I wanted them Then paint over , can show pics of this if need be

All in all it wasn't a hard job it took about 3 hours and if you have the drop gate then that saves you time as well I've got more responses and people looking at it like this then I ever thought of , had a guy driving down the road taking pics of it with his tinted window rolled up but phone and hand hanging out snapping shots lmao but I like the turn around on it and it's the only one in louisville as of right now

Old 06-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Beginning Member
Miami_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerbeast01
Yea we used a sawzall I held the roof while my father inlaw cut it that way it wasn't jumping on him as much , so the steps I did was
1.tape the line you want to cut across the roof
2. Cut the glass out of each side
3. Drop the padding from your sealing and remove all plastics from the back
4. Take the door off ( take the rubber seal off as well you'll use this later)
5.cut the top first
6. Cut the corners
7. Hammer in any metal the was left where the corners used to be cover that up (I screwed some thin aluminum down over it .
8. Clean where the glass used to be
9. Take that seal you pulled off and go around the sides where the glass used to be and the top of the roof .
Now I did take and cut the plastic off my full door , I cut the top peaces off and cut it down the middle because it won't be the full length and slid them down in the plastics and caulked them into place where I wanted them Then paint over , can show pics of this if need be

All in all it wasn't a hard job it took about 3 hours and if you have the drop gate then that saves you time as well I've got more responses and people looking at it like this then I ever thought of , had a guy driving down the road taking pics of it with his tinted window rolled up but phone and hand hanging out snapping shots lmao but I like the turn around on it and it's the only one in louisville as of right now
Lol thats cool, you dont see a blazer like yours everyday.

That doesnt sound too bad. I like how it looks. I can put an extra set of seats back there too sort of like the older jeeps have.

If u dont mind posting more pics I would appreciate it

Old 06-11-2015, 06:49 AM
Beginning Member

I will and yea that's what I was thinking for mudding with row bars just incase , that or have the row bars wrap around with te roof and have two bars come straight down the middle with a tire mount welded on kinda like a doonbuggy style type

Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Beginning Member
Default How I mad the end he around the top with the back plastics

This is where it slid down in the plastic and caulked it in

Attached Thumbnails 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-image.jpg  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Beginning Member
Default The middle where I had to cut it in half for it to cover each side

I will be covering it with another plastic peace or maybe a light don't know yet

Old 06-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Beginning Member
Default The tuber door seal going around the edge

Just wrapped it around and made it look 10x better

Old 06-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Beginning Member
Default Aluminum caps

Bent some thin aluminum up with our hands and screws then over the holes where the corners used to be , that's the black peace just in front for the jack cover / pull out bed cover

Old 06-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Beginning Member

Bent some thin aluminum up with our hands and screws then over the holes where the corners used to be , that's the black peace just in front for the jack cover / pull out bed cover
Awesome, thanks man. I definitely want to do it now lol After I get some stuff out of the way Im going for it.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Beginning Member

No problem and good luck post the pics on here when you get done id like to see yours and if you have any diff ideas when you hit the project let me know how it goes with them

Old 06-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member

No problem and good luck post the pics on here when you get done id like to see yours and if you have any diff ideas when you hit the project let me know how it goes with them
I have a 2dr but its rwd. I wanted to buy a crashed 4x4 one and swap parts. But after reading a few threads I want to get a 4dr, its just gonna make my life easier lol Im thinking of just fixing/building the 4dr instead, strip the 2dr for parts and sell the rest as scrap metal.

Good thing is that its going to be used for mudding only so im not really in a rush but would like to have it ready by the end of the year.

Quick Reply: 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back