Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

97 parts blazer revive

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 06:04 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

First test drive today went well. I have a few small adjustments to do and some loose ends to deal with. It needs tires and a stereo.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:43 AM

Well I've put a couple hundred miles on the blazer this week. Other than a small electrical problem that George here on the forum helped me figure out everything is working perfectly. I can move forward now with upgrades. Tires, wheels and bumper. I also have to get new side mirrors because both mine are broken. I also need to install a receiver hitch.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:46 AM

Haven't done much to this thing other the the wife has been driving and enjoying it. We have had snow almost every day for the last two weeks. This did happen though lol.

She was talking the boy to school because he had missed the bus. Slick roads and not watching where she was going and just slid off. I came and yanked her out pretty easily. No damage and everyone was fine.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:41 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Glad everyone is good... looks like it was a "slow slide" into the ditch...

Bigger lift and tires, and she would've just kept plowing thru lol...

Old 01-09-2022, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Glad everyone is good... looks like it was a "slow slide" into the ditch...

Bigger lift and tires, and she would've just kept plowing thru lol...
It wasn't even a slide lol she was looking behind her and just drove off the road lol. And yes she was going slow.. I told her if she had let me lift it more and 35s she would have made it..

Old 01-12-2022, 08:51 PM

Ok time to show the blazer some love. Test fit my bumper from the jimmy on the blazer.

Plans are this weekend to get the bumper cleaned up and repainted. Then install some maker lights and flush mount clear and yellow pod lights. Thats if the lights get delivered. I am going to pull the receiver hitch off the jimmy for the blazer. Still need to get new tires and mount them on my swirls.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:27 PM

Got the bumper cleaned up and painted today thanks to the help of my youngest boy. He ran the wire wheel over the bumper for me.

We also got the receiver hitch pulled of the jimmy, cleaned up, painted and installed.

Tires and wheels are next.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:32 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Haven't done much to this thing other the the wife has been driving and enjoying it. We have had snow almost every day for the last two weeks. This did happen though lol.

She was talking the boy to school because he had missed the bus. Slick roads and not watching where she was going and just slid off. I came and yanked her out pretty easily. No damage and everyone was fine.
It wasn't even a slide lol she was looking behind her and just drove off the road lol. And yes she was going slow.. I told her if she had let me lift it more and 35s she would have made it..
Got the bumper cleaned up and painted today thanks to the help of my youngest boy. He ran the wire wheel over the bumper for me.

We also got the receiver hitch pulled of the jimmy, cleaned up, painted and installed.

Tires and wheels are next.
We had a lot of snow up here in North Idaho too! That new bumper looks tough. Where'd you find it?

Old 01-16-2022, 09:26 AM

Christine thats the bumper I built for the jimmy. I figured if the jimmy was getting a full make over the bumper should go on the wife's blazer. Ive got a new bumper planned for the jimmy.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:28 PM

Picked up the new tires today. Tomorrow I'll be pulling tires and wheels off the jimmy to swap the new tires onto my 2wd swirls and put them on the blazer. Just waiting on lights for the front bumper now. Then the blazer will be done for now and I can get started on the jimmy!

Quick Reply: 97 parts blazer revive