Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

BDS 5" Envoy lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Now that's some concrete proof that they will fit lol!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I fit 4 31s on the back of my truck with out folding the seat down. I can prob fit 4 33s with the seat down.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

oh man thats the best!!! im sitting here lmao, I started this morning at 10am, had to let everyone wake up and not make the neighbors unhappy..
so i was able to remove the T-bars and its crossmember, removed the pass. side lower control arm/cv knuckle assy. the upper pass side a arm
one of the alignment bolts are frozen,will need to cut it out and replace, in the drivers side, also of all things the 13mm bolt that holds the brke line and abs line is stripped... i will gets some pics and post here shortly.
thanks for the smiles

Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Hey....speaking of alignment / camber bolts. Do yourself a favor now. Get two pairs of moog camber bolts K6367..like 30.00 for a pair. And double nut them or have someone tack weld that bolt. Those 33's are gonna walk that alignment right out....trust me. Then your new tires wont look so hot...i learned the hard way.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I ended up welding some of the lift brackets in because of them moving slightly and messing with my alignment. I didn't have an issue with the camber bolts, but i bent a few upper control arms over the years(shoulda bought tube upper arms)

Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

In for updates.

FYI, 5-33's fit in the back of a 2 door

Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

3 35s fit in a 4 door.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

holy smoke you all are awesome, im worrying about them tires all for nothing....
Ok,day 2: started at 10am as stated earlier, stopped at 7pm, my son gave me a hand moving the rear axle into position and getting it secure, yea one headache down, the rear is so low to the ground i hope the E-brake cables reach,we will see..
My co-worker Greg did show up and what a help, he is a artist with a saws all, he made all the cuts for the crossmembers, in the a-arm pockets
and i was impressed, first one took several relief cuts, but the second side
was done in no time..
all the steering components are the same ol same ol, as far as removing and all so i wont go into all that, so all the cuts are made and rear crossmember fits great,then the rear upper drop brackets, no problems.
here are some pics of the important stuff... my back hurts, and im dirty,beer time, enjoy all..
Robert

Attached Thumbnails BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3151046.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3151056.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3151052.jpg  

Last edited by okiedoak20; 03-15-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I removed my ebrake cables. You can make them work but mine were shot anyways. You will need to let alot of the tension out of them to keep them. Lookin good so far.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
I removed my ebrake cables. You can make them work but mine were shot anyways. You will need to let alot of the tension out of them to keep them. Lookin good so far.

sadly it wont pass inspection if you do that here

Quick Reply: BDS 5" Envoy lift