Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

BDS 5" Envoy lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looking good man!! I can't wait to see this thing! I wish I had the time I would swing by and give you a hand I'd love to get in on this. I guess I'll contribute where I can with the hookup on the alignment and tires if you need it!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Rex, the hookup is totally awesome contribution,and you are saving me some $$$, so thanks very much...

Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

No problem at all!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:51 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

yea the inspection is important to consider, i will check in on lenthing the
cables by unloosting the adjusters, i just hope they are not frozen up,
if that doent pan out i will try to remove some of the cable guides and get more slack that way, i wonder if ZR2 e brake cables are longer?? lastly there may be some company out there that makes custom cables, im only
guessing,because all the custom street rod guys they still need cables right??

ok starting to searh around and found this place https://madisonpowersystems.com they make custom cables for whatever need ...

Last edited by okiedoak20; 03-16-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Are you finished yet?????

Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 PM

not yet,i had a very productive day tho... 3 time to the store to pick up
hardware, yea!! a little rain, and some good ol frustration.. give me a couple minutes and i will get a proper post up

Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well hurry up I'm impatient lol!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 PM

Day 3, started around 9am, F*** the neighbors,its Saturday get over it..
had some rain in the AM hours so that slowed me down trying to decide what stays out side and what stayed in, but the weather did finally co-operate, and was nice out, so i started by installing the front drop brackets, and the lower front crossmember, Greg my friend from work arrived then we got really cooking... he cut the front diff mounting tab off
and then started to reassemble, installed the new bracket on the front diff, the drop bracket for the pass.side of the diff. then the diff its self, belive it or not all went rather well, will not need to cut the exhaust to clear the drive shaft thats a plus, the upper A arm was a little tight to get in, but the lower control arm/cv assy. went in like butter, had to trim a little here and there, but no biggy, i do still need to finish up on the front..
the hardware packs are OK but not great, i went to the store 3 time because of shortages, not cool for the cost of the lift, only reassemble the brakes, route the lines and a bolt that needs install, the rear axle is, well not 100% done, the parking brake cables wont reach,and i think the rear is too high, i may remove the lift shackles for stocks ones, we will see.
I do still need to tidy up the rear brake lines and such, and install the rear shocks, and on a side note, if you install a ZR2 rear you wont need wheel spacers, so here are a few more pics of the days progress, it should be finished on Sunday, then i will tinker with it untill im 100% satisfied

Attached Thumbnails BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3151057.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3151058.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161037.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161039.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161038.jpg  

Last edited by okiedoak20; 03-16-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 PM

here is some more

Attached Thumbnails BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161045.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161046.jpg   BDS 5" Envoy lift-p3161060.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like some nice progress!! I am so anxious to see this thing done! I saw an exploder with a 5-6" lift at bjs today and all I could think about was you slaving away getting yours installed lol!!

Quick Reply: BDS 5" Envoy lift