Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Blazer to Typhoon

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Beginning Member
kc01blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer to Typhoon

I got my blazer a few months ago. I love the shape and the body lines of it. But i also love the gmc typhoon. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how i can get my 2001 to look like a typhoon?

Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

That's going to be difficult and extremely pricey. Difficult because the 1st gens don't have the same body kits as 2nd gens. Pricey because you'll have to have them custom made to fit (They're also just stupid expensive even when one wants to put a kit on a 1st gen).

Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Beginning Member

whats the best place to look for body kits? i have looked but i cant find to many for two doors. I know that s-10 kits fit blazers but how well?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Where to look?

okvortec is 100% correct. $$$. to illustrate my point. just to make the bumper look like a typhoon, you would need to #1 buy a new 1st gen bumper #2 remove your current bumper #3 fab up new bumper mounts that complete the conversion #4 dump $450+ on this bumper cover #5 paint it. there, you are 10% done!
next is the grille, head lights, rad support, markers, and probably a handfull of other things to complete just the front (not front END, just front)

in the long run the best way would be this thing for 3.5 grand

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-05-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

Closest your probably going to get is a Xtreme body kit. You can pick them up used for about $450-550 without the front valance.

I added a Xtreme grill and valance to my '02 a couple months ago and had it all colormatched including the headlight trim rings. I still have to get the rest of the kit but I'm focusing on repair a couple issues and performance upgrades (including a turbo) first.

Later, Doug

Old 12-06-2009, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

How do you plan on turning a 2001 Blazer (2nd gen) into a Typhoon (1st gen)?
The only made the Sy/Ty's in 92-93, which was a 1st gen body style. 2001 is a completely different body style and they never made a Sy/Ty in 2nd gen. I'm not sure how you'd make it look like a Sy/Ty. The closest thing as mentioned above would be an xtreme body kit...

Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Beginning Member

i like the looks of the xtreme body it. i think thats the route that im going to take. I definitely would need new rims because i got some off roading tires on it now. it might look weird with a body kit on it when it sits up higher. Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sooo you were looking to make it look like an xtreme, not a Typhoon? I'm still confused...they're 2 completely different vehicles.
You will probably want to lower your truck if you get an xtreme kit. I'm guessing you have a 4x4 though since you have offroading tires. You're probably only going to be able to lower a max of 3" or so with a 4x4...and it's pretty involved from what I understand.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Get an AWD transfer case, and boost it, or go LSX engine...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it's been said before, but i'm gonna say it again-body kits look stupid on 4WD trucks! even if it's a stock height truck.

if you seriously want to have a Blazer that looks like a Xtreme, then trade it/sell it for a 2WD. at least this way it'll look more proper.

Quick Reply: Blazer to Typhoon