Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Blazin Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Beginning Member
Blazin_Alexei is on a distinguished road
Default Blazin Blazer

Alright, since ive done a lot to my truck i guess its time to start a build thread. Also shout out to all the BF members who's post helped me to learn all about working on these rigs, woudlnt be this far without this forum.

i got my 4dr 2wd blazer about a year ago for $1300. Had a 3 inch lift and lots of problems. Currently have done all the blazer stuff(LIM gaskets, fuel pump, injectors, tune up, etc, etc) so now with 201k on the clock shes as good as new so time for the real fun. Currently have done the spare tire carrier, custom interior work, some motor work, a few little things here and there. Future plans include, relocate air filter & ported MAF, 2003 dash swap, fog lights, pcm tune, and maybe evantuall SAS

My blazer after i put 31s on her, and my home made brush guard up front.

Prettied up motor. Has a ported and polished intake manifold. Mpfi injectors. Accel ignition set w. 8mm wires, ported throttle body, Throttle blade mod, optima red top, high flow cat back exhuast. Currently running 89 octane. Throttle repsonse is about on par with an LS1. Once i finsh my homemade CAI(yes air filter is in a bad spot, i know) and finsh my other mods it will be a pretty nice lil 4.3

Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Good looking truck, man!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:07 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Gotta get some pics of that custom interior..

Old 03-13-2019, 08:51 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Kinda unusual for a 2wd to have a 3 inch lift... But hey, rock on

Old 03-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Beginning Member

Ya i guess it is a little unusual to have a lifted 2wd. But i bought it like that so... But it does pretty well offroad as is. Also here's some pics of some of the interior.

Heres my custom center console, built out of plywood and wrapped in vinyl.

I did the 2 tone on all the door panels, as well as the grab handles. Will soon be doing the whole dash like this as well.

The crude beginings of my custom sub box, also building the small amp "cabinet" to the side that holds amp, all the wires, serves as storage, and im working on wiring in an outlet and extra light to it.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 PM

Coming along quite nicely.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Beginning Member
Default Did the oil pan gasket...

Haven't posted in a while. Fun stuff with the blazer has so far prevented me from doing the stuff i want but should be a little more reliable now. Did the oil pan gasket, new oil pump, billet oil pump drive shaft, new rear main seal, and a trans fluid change. Long story short took a fun 8 days to do that. I plan on doing a write up for how to on those items at some point. Only real fun thing i got for the blazer lately was a set of 32" mud terrains.

New oil pan gasket, managed to keep the motor in the truck. But def. Not a fun job. And of course the pan got a nice coat of chevy engine red.

About the only fun thing ive put on her, would def. Reccomend these(32x11.5x15 bfg MT KM2) yes there a little noisy on road but they kick butt in the mud, time will tell how much my front end likes them...

Old 08-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Beginning Member

Got some goodies for the blazer, and this is why junk yard trips always pay off. Got a really nice trailblazer interior(for $148 too), and the elusive on star cover. Also put a nice billet Alumnium dizzy in it, and a hot ignition coil. Pretty soon will have a 8.5 rear with 3.73s and a G80, and a new bumper im building for it, should have those on in a couple weeks.

New seats are a good 8/10, just a little cracking on the drivers side.

Back seats are pretty nice too.

Ive been wanting one of these for a long time...

New coil, billet dizzy, and moved the air filter away from the motor, still have to build a heat shield...

Also got one of these, shows trans temp and mpg. Also is a pretty good scanner. Reads codes, and can read a lot of live data.

Last edited by Blazin_Alexei; 08-11-2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM

Love those seats!

Old 08-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Bejaran is on a distinguished road

Those seats are dope!

Quick Reply: Blazin Blazer