Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

BlueDevils' Sharpie Blazer Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
BlueDevils is on a distinguished road
Default BlueDevils' Sharpie Blazer Project

I thought that my black paint job was kind of boring and I like to be the center of attention when I'm driving. With my Nissan 300ZX, the exhaust turns people's heads but my Blazer doesn't since it doesn't have anything done to it... yet. So I decided to do a Sharpie Project as I'd always wanted an "Art Car". The theme will be my favorite popular subjects like The Walking Dead, Duke Blue Devils, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Legend of Zelda, etc, things like that. I don't know if you guys like that kind of stuff or not but I thought I'd post it up anyway.

The rear of my 1993 S10 Blazer done with oil-based silver permanent paint Sharpies. My best friend did the Walking Dead ones while I did the vintage Duke Blue Devils one, which is a college basketball team. There's still more work to be done, such as deciding on a fourth design and doing the background to make everything flow.

IMG_20130510_180455_848-1.jpg?t=1368290143

IMG_20130510_180516_195.jpg?t=1368289712

IMG_20130510_180504_818.jpg?t=1368289671

Last edited by BlueDevils; 05-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

You lost me at the Duke logos.. wrong kind of blue for me, I suppose.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm not surprised. The majority of the country hates my favorite team. However, I was born and raised in Duke's hometown, so I have a valid reason.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

That looks awesome. wish I could do that

Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlueDevils
I'm not surprised. The majority of the country hates my favorite team. However, I was born and raised in Duke's hometown, so I have a valid reason.
Yeah, I was born in Jacksonville, and lived in Garner from the middle of 2004 until I moved here in November of 2010. I just lean more towards Carolina Blue, I suppose. Never did like NCSU... I think their red just reminds me too much of a traffic light. One of our running jokes is to say that the last time Duke had a real reason to celebrate was because the charges against the lacrosse players got dismissed.
That aside, while the themes themselves really aren't my thing, I'm definitely impressed by the workmanship. That was pretty well done, and something which will definitely stand out.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM

NCSU is my #2 team since I know quite a few people who go to NCSU. I'm an ABC fan: Anybody But Carolina!

I can understand that it's not really everybody's thing. At least people will have something to look at during red lights. I have gotten complete strangers stopping me from backing up in parking lots because they're taking photos of the rear and making me wait until they're done.

The rear is almost done, hopefully tomorrow, but I've done the gas door. Hope you guys like it -

Attached Thumbnails BlueDevils' Sharpie Blazer Project-thirsty_for_gas_by_allhailz-d6680hr.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 05:32 PM

The rear is complete. I just have to touch up the "HAVE A NICE DAY", "NC", and the thumbs up on the badge but it's done at last. This took probably about 20-30 hours to do for my best friend and I. It's quite difficult drawing on a vertical surface with permanent paint markers whose ink is designed to flow DOWN. It's also difficult to draw silver metallic ink on a black background because it requires a second or even a third coat. Next up: the hood!

This was done with Oil-Based Permanent Paint Markers by Sharpie. HUGE thanks to my best friend, Julius, for doing this project with me and fine-tuning things.

Attached Thumbnails BlueDevils' Sharpie Blazer Project-sharpie_s10_blazer_by_allhailz-d66bggs.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

pretty cool. probably fun to watch people in your review mirror at red lights, i cant draw for crap and coated my old s10 with bumper stickers and you would always see people reading and laughs when at red lights

Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

It wouldbe cool to design something like this for the interior.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:05 PM

Yeah, it's fun to look at the rearview mirror. Sometimes it's older people and they have no idea what's what.

The interior? I never thought of that. That's something worth considering... Mine is gray, though, so I don't know what I'd go with, silver or black.

Quick Reply: BlueDevils' Sharpie Blazer Project