Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Branch Blazer - 99 Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Starting Member
ZachC540 is on a distinguished road

Finally got a nice daily driver so its time to park the Blazer for awhile so I can actually get to tearing into some stuff and not worry about having to drive it to work the next day! lol

So I went with an 06 Legacy 2.5i with only 89,000 miles on it. Pretty nice ride. Gets me around in the snow and saves me some money on gas, I can't complain.

And of course I had to get the Blazer in the background.

Attached Thumbnails The Branch Blazer - 99 Blazer Build-image.jpg  
Old 12-15-2013, 11:41 AM
dirt101 is on a distinguished road

I think Im going to grab some of those LED reverse lights. Its been a real problem since I got my truck tinted.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Starting Member

This past Saturday I spent most of the day completely gutting the interior. Hopefully I'll get the bed liner in soon. Also I decided I'm gonna come up with a custom console instead of putting the old one back in, should be an interesting project!

Attached Thumbnails The Branch Blazer - 99 Blazer Build-img_0387.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 PM
HotRodHearseGuy is on a distinguished road

Was wondering if you've started working on the console yet. I'm thinking I'd like something a LOT different than the stock unit in Stinker now, but not sure exactly what I want to do. I've considered making a fiberglass one similar to subwoofer boxes (pretty experience in enclosure building), wood, or even modifying one from its bigger sibling like a Ta'hoe/Suburban or even looking at, GASP, something out of an Expedition or Navigator.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy
Was wondering if you've started working on the console yet. I'm thinking I'd like something a LOT different than the stock unit in Stinker now, but not sure exactly what I want to do. I've considered making a fiberglass one similar to subwoofer boxes (pretty experience in enclosure building), wood, or even modifying one from its bigger sibling like a Ta'hoe/Suburban or even looking at, GASP, something out of an Expedition or Navigator.
When you remove the factory console, there's a metal bracket that the armrest bolts to, so I'm gonna keep that in and put a steel lockbox under the factory armrest. Then I'm prob gonna rig up something for a cupholder to the front of the box. And infront of the shifter, underneath the cigarette lighter I'm gonna make a switch panel for when I add lights and such. I'm gonna have to find a different shift boot too that goes all the way to the floor. The factory one looks really goofy without the console around it
So basically I'm gonna copy the type of console that you would find in most police vehicles

Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 PM

I've had mine out. Biggest issue with mine, the armrest was broke when I bought it. The hard plastic under the vinyl and foam padding is snapped in two. I'm eventually wanting to trade my TC with my nephew as he doesn't wheel in his Ta'hoe anymore and I'd rather have the stick type TC over this dadgum pushbutton crap. When I get into the actual replacement of the engine in the next week or so, I'm doing the cable fix on my front diff also. I have all the parts thanks to AutoZone and having a buddy that's a store manager!

Old 01-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy
I've had mine out. Biggest issue with mine, the armrest was broke when I bought it. The hard plastic under the vinyl and foam padding is snapped in two. I'm eventually wanting to trade my TC with my nephew as he doesn't wheel in his Ta'hoe anymore and I'd rather have the stick type TC over this dadgum pushbutton crap. When I get into the actual replacement of the engine in the next week or so, I'm doing the cable fix on my front diff also. I have all the parts thanks to AutoZone and having a buddy that's a store manager!
My armrest was broke the same way! I found one at a junkyard for a few bucks tho. And let me know how the tc swap goes cause I'd like to have the stick type as well cause my damn buttons quit workin last week lol

Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 AM

I have been looking for one, but seems that is a common problem with ALL these Blazers. I just started talking with him about swapping. I just don't know what all will be involved to swap the electronics of mine into his Ta'hoe! I do know that I would PREFER having a manual shifting into 4 high and low, plus it would give me Neutral that the push button doesn't give you.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
02blazerr is on a distinguished road

nice!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Starting Member

I got the bedliner sprayed in last weekend and got the back seats back in today so I figured I'd go ahead and put up a pic of that even though I haven't finished up the back yet (I am thinking of how to build some boxes back there for storage) and of course I already got it dirty lol

Attached Thumbnails The Branch Blazer - 99 Blazer Build-img_0433.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Branch Blazer - 99 Blazer Build