Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Bush build transformation

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 12:07 PM
95_4dr_4×4 is on a distinguished road
Default Bush build transformation

Wondering what people think of my rig, engine is stock. This is the first vehicle Ive owned and got it when I was 19, Im 22 now and im proud of what ive got done with my own hands and money.
done 90% of the work myself, usually only go to shops if I dont have the right equipment.
Also a lotta guys talk down on running 33s on our blazers so i thought Id show mine.

1995 4x4 LS Automatic. 261xxx KM

replaced all front end steering with all MOOG parts(balljoints, tie rod etc)
SKF wheel bearings/hub assemblies all around
SKF U joints all around
Leafsprings re arched and add a leaf installed
Guy I bought it from said someone swapped in a non stock 1.75 inch axle and 3.42 rear diff, never really looked into it but I do have the 7 5/8 rear end cause of the shape of the diff cover, looking into lockers but detroit doesnt make them for 7 5/8 rear end so not sure on that.
RC 2.5 suspension lift
PA 2inch body lift
15x8 x 5 1/4inch backspacing wheels (either Gragars or knock off Gragars)
33x10.5x15 General Grabber X3
Affordable offroad S10 winch bumper, bedlined by Rhino Linings
9500 lb smitty built winch
Amazon roof rack
Alpina 18 inch lightbar (Canadian tire)
rear bumper is currently deleted while i build a tube one lol
Minor fender trimming. Tires still rub on frame at full turn, cant do much about that.
mightve forgot some things but oh well heres before and after.
thanks for having a look, suggestions welcome.

Last edited by 95_4dr_4×4; 06-30-2021 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 06-30-2021, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Good to hear that you did most of the work!

Old 06-30-2021, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Nothing at all wrong with a stock engine. Mine is stock, and it has plenty of power for anything I need to do.

Good job on all the work you've done. Your Blazer looks great!

Old 07-02-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A
Nothing at all wrong with a stock engine. Mine is stock, and it has plenty of power for anything I need to do.

Good job on all the work you've done. Your Blazer looks great!
Thanks guys, stock engine definitely gets the job done! Got a few pictures after wheeling it on the big tires for the first time yesterday, performed better than Id hoped.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice! Looks awesome!

Old 07-06-2021, 11:39 PM
Jaxong is on a distinguished road
Default hey i'm wondering if you have skamatics for the front bumper and the mounting points

Originally Posted by 95_4dr_4×4
Wondering what people think of my rig, engine is stock. This is the first vehicle Ive owned and got it when I was 19, Im 22 now and im proud of what ive got done with my own hands and money.
done 90% of the work myself, usually only go to shops if I dont have the right equipment.
Also a lotta guys talk down on running 33s on our blazers so i thought Id show mine.

1995 4x4 LS Automatic. 261xxx KM

replaced all front end steering with all MOOG parts(balljoints, tie rod etc)
SKF wheel bearings/hub assemblies all around
SKF U joints all around
Leafsprings re arched and add a leaf installed
Guy I bought it from said someone swapped in a non stock 1.75 inch axle and 3.42 rear diff, never really looked into it but I do have the 7 5/8 rear end cause of the shape of the diff cover, looking into lockers but detroit doesnt make them for 7 5/8 rear end so not sure on that.
RC 2.5 suspension lift
PA 2inch body lift
15x8 x 5 1/4inch backspacing wheels (either Gragars or knock off Gragars)
33x10.5x15 General Grabber X3
Affordable offroad S10 winch bumper, bedlined by Rhino Linings
9500 lb smitty built winch
Amazon roof rack
Alpina 18 inch lightbar (Canadian tire)
rear bumper is currently deleted while i build a tube one lol
Minor fender trimming. Tires still rub on frame at full turn, cant do much about that.
mightve forgot some things but oh well heres before and after.
thanks for having a look, suggestions welcome.

i love it it is a awesome rig i want to make my chevy blazer like that mines white but same as yours hey man i'm wondering if you have skamatics for the front bumper and the mounting points i would really appreciate it if you could share it with me i'm having a hard a time finding some if you have a .dxt doc that would be perfect

Old 07-07-2021, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jaxong
i love it it is a awesome rig i want to make my chevy blazer like that mines white but same as yours hey man i'm wondering if you have skamatics for the front bumper and the mounting points i would really appreciate it if you could share it with me i'm having a hard a time finding some if you have a .dxt doc that would be perfect

Hey thanks a lot man, it was a long journey from stock to the way it is now.

I got the Bumper from the guys at affordableoffroad.com it was about 1000$ Canadian after taxes and shipping from Pennsylvania, it mounts onto the four stock bumper mount locations as well as the bolt holes the tow hooks usually attach too, I could take some measurements of the mounts tomorrow. If you are looking to run a winch and need the extra clearance and protection and can afford the cost I would recommend just buying the bumper from them, or if you have the fabrication skills build one at home.If you arent wanting a winch or that much protection Id go with a brush/grille guard rather than a whole steel bumper as it ended up weighin about 150lbs with the winch installed and is unnecessary weight if not doing heavy offroading/recovery

Old 07-07-2021, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Looks great, but I would recommend regearing to 4.10's front and back with those 33's. You will like the return of power and torque.

Old 10-22-2021, 10:04 PM
bikerider is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Looks great, but I would recommend regearing to 4.10's front and back with those 33's. You will like the return of power and torque.
Might prolong the life of the transmission too.

Old 10-23-2021, 02:46 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Super nice!

I did a more mild lift for my 99 but I did use the RC upper control arms. I'm thinking I need to either add a bit larger tires or tweak the ride height a bit.

Your post title caught my eye because my solution for winching was to get a Bush Winch from Australia. I got it because it is light and I can use it to pull myself forwards or back. It would not be all that useful to help someone else unless I had space to back up to go forward. https://www.bushwinch.com/

How is the different backspacing working? Any weird tire wear? How about the alignments?

Oh, a mod you might want to consider that I've been meaning to add to mine but I have not had time to do yet, is to install a 1-ton idler arm upgrade. https://www.outfitterdesign.com/1-to...m-bracket.html

Have you also installed a steering arm damper? I did and it has given me a bit of peace of mind.

Keep posting!!

Quick Reply: Bush build transformation