Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Carrico's Build (98 blazer 4dr)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks man, the body lift was time consuming but it wasn't hard really, except one of my mounts broke, but its holding up.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM

Alright, washed it yesterday and saw that the bedliner was coming off a lil, so decided today I will paint it 2 or 3x more and than coat it with at least 2x with black paint so its not a black blue and grey truck

Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM

going to do a sfa or a whole sas, not sure, not going to use leafs, its gonna be coils

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Alright, well the SAS isn't going to happen, nor a SFA; however i have found a lot more info and learned more about the ifs/my truck, so I am gonna start to build my rig into a more rugged ifs, here is a link to help paint some pictures How to make your 4×4 S10 Better! | DezertDimes.com

Not sure what the policy is about taking from other sites, but i also thought that site would help others, let me know if this info won't help me either. But i plan on swapping in some bravada parts in my truck, some s10 parts, and such, here is also the same site but something, very nice built, and i believe it is still ifs, like a hybrid type: G-Machine S10 Build Article in Off-Road Magazine | DezertDimes.com

Thanks for your time reading, i'll post up some pictures of what my truck looks like now, I am trying to fit 35s in the end. Comments are nice, pictures will come soon, and don't bash this thread either. Thanks

Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member
Tangvik1 is on a distinguished road

You've got an awsome car man! Love the rims! This is going to be a fun thread to check in on!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM

thanks man! it is fun to drive and gets a good amount of looks. It'll be a slow build, but i'm 90% leaning on a D44 and Ford 9" i just have to wait for more money to come it to get everything ready. But i still am not sure yet.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Lookin' good man.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Thanks Thogert

I'll have pics up of my painted bull bar, it may be on today!! And also pics of the truck itself.

Also, anyone know any websites i can find info on d44s ford 9"s and what lockers etc are, because getting a ford bronco will be the easiest, than i can take out the axles (they have d44 and 9"s in them) and part the rest, so i would get my money back. Any info on sites or books to help me learn more is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 PM

Got my bull bar finished; painted (not the best, will be better after winter) and bolted on...and let me tell you i put some fight in bolting that thing on that when i try to shake it up an down it shakes the truck! I'll have pics up of it tomorrow.

but heres some pics of the radaitor change, and another blazer i found.

old

New

other blazer

Last edited by Carrico4; 10-13-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM

Some other pics.

First, clean the top of the truck with roof rack off

Than i had fun in my backyard with a mini....MINIROCKCRAWLING!!!

Yes this paint job did turn out great

Quick Reply: Carrico's Build (98 blazer 4dr)