Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Carrico's Build (98 blazer 4dr)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

looks nice!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Here is a picture just to get you laughing enjoy

Here is after Tuttle creek KS

A pic of the nice job the gravel roads do.

My sisters jeep!!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 PM

And some pictures of the bull bar which i put on last night.

Thanks for looking, any comments are nice.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice! lol

Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Thanks, she just needs new tires. Idc for A/Ts and neither does she *we're both used to M/T* and besides, those bfg at are junk imo.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Beginning Member
Tangvik1 is on a distinguished road

Coming along nicely! Love the look ;-)

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 PM

Got this email from metalshop motorsports after asking about their prices for the sas kit:

" The front basic kit includes the spring crossmember, under engine frame brace, hanger frame plates, hangers, shackles, spring perches, top plates, u-bolts, and axle side shock tabs. This kit sells for $675 + shipping. We also sell shock hoops for $40 + shipping, custom tube transmission crossmember for $200 + shipping, and rear axle spring over kit and longer shackles for $180 + shipping. The kit is designed to use jeep YJ leaf springs

We also sell a complete kit for $2,500 that includes the front basic kit, (4) BDS shocks, (2) front Alcan springs, drop pitman arm, (4) one ton TRE's, DOM steel for all the steering, (3) extended brake lines, t-case front output yoke, our custom trans crossmember, rear spring over kit with longer shackles. This is everything you will need to straight axle your truck except for driveshafts, axles, and wheels and tires.

I hope this helps and feel free to contact us with any other questions. "

What do you guys think....its 400$ more than skys design but has more, and 200$ more than ORDs design, but with the extras from ORD and these guys, its about the same. And i have seen skys design and MMs all over, not as much so for ORD (offroaddirect). opinions are nice. thanks.

Also looking at a d44 from a yj? i believe and ford 8.8 from the explorer if that helps you guys. I'm still planning the build and learning more about this and that and what i need to do...and i need money so its slow to start. but thanks for reading anyway.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the compliments again, vote for me for the DEC ROTM!

Also got the rear dr. brake caliper along with all the brake pads done and tranny filter/fluid...which was stupid easy hard....took to long doing 1/4 turns with a wrench bc i couldn't fit a rachet on a bolt, but w/e its done.

Also still planning out my build for the sally(sas) itll be ORD bolt on SAS kit with Waggy f/r D44 with disc brake conversions, 5sp tranny swap (maybe a 700r4, their better? if i learn to drive a 5sp in time), TC swap as well, I hate vacuum and its what i learned on if that makes sense?), was thinking twin sticks Atlas TC, but thats 2grand right there. But other stuff will come to me as i am planning, so i only have to do this once. Right now I am learning (or reading and asking questions) about: Gears/diffs, transfer cases:TC:, transmissions, axle setups, *also researching the vehicle i am taking parts off* and much more

Also, I don't like how my gas tank is on the side, kinda makes a difference on exhaust imo, but could i reroute it like the zr2 gas tank that is directly under the back end? Any suggestions thanks. Also...what is a fuel cells? is that like a gas tank? Thanks again guys

Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 PM

so....had this crazy idea!

I took out the back seats and the folddown tray and thought to myself "i could make a kind of tray that would hide tools/safetly equip/etc stuff like that and than attach a seat in the middle of it, so essentially i would lose the 3 seats but keep one? but have more storage for safety items and what not"

What do you think, ill draw or something tomorrow and upload it.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

Good idea.

You cant get enough of survival equipment on your ride.
But, I would remove the single rear seat.
And you can use the stock bolt, where the seat was bolted on.

Quick Reply: Carrico's Build (98 blazer 4dr)