Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Chidevildog's build

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Beginning Member
chidevildog is on a distinguished road
Arrow Chidevildog's build

UPDATE 12/27/10: more pictures on post #6

got the car from my mother in law (free) but with front end damage... she hit a wall.. She mistakenly stepped on the gas instead of the brake..

Result had to replace

Front Bumper
Grill

Here it looks before

Replaced driver side hub assembly

Replaced rear Brake components (rotors/calipers/pads)

had to changed all of the above since the calipers were seized on to the rotors and the pistons were totally stuck... Also, rotors are shot to hell, so i figured do it right the 1st time..

Now for the rims that i got from CL American Racing ar767 iirc.. sweet deal on these... i got 5 for less than $120

Mounted them on Cooper Discoverer ATR's 30/9.5/15
I thought the fit will be perfect.. but once Mounted (discount tire) they couldn't turn the car at all.. rubbed major on the back fenders.. so I had them switch to the stockers till I got home.. and did some minor trimming.

Tbar crank was 1" and I need more trimming of the fenders.. Currently still rubbing full lock or when going in reverse...

I waiting to put in my Bull bar and will update this thread.. Planning on putting Sarco roof rack aswell so I can mount my other spare on...

here is my other project car

Last edited by chidevildog; 12-27-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Why can't I ever find deals like this?

Looks good man, what year is it? Were the tires rubbing on the rear of the front fenders, or were the rear fenders rubbing. I'm thinking you mean the former. I'd like to see some pics of your trimming, if possible.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Beginning Member

1998... Tires were rubbing on front rear fenders... sorry i was not clear. I will post pictures tonight if I get around it... Im installing a bull bar aswell.. Thanks

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention I took the trimming around the wheels looks better imo..

Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Beginning Member
agb1976 is on a distinguished road

The best things in life are free. Spend what you need to make it your own and have fun with it. Congrats

Old 12-24-2010, 06:49 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looking good. Which I could get a cheap car like that lol.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member

thanks for all the comments... Im really trying to fix issues and also do some modifying at the same time. but the issues are catching up fast.. can't really complain 1998 truck with 72k miles.. here are the promised pic's..

Trimming the fenders a bit.. I still rub (full lock) on the inner fenders...
don't have any clue how to fix that.. and don't really want to crank the t-bar any more...

Trimmings from both sides

here is the Bull Bar that I purchased from ebay.. it looks good.. I haven't got a full frontal shot when fully installed since it was really late after I finished and next day it snowed pretty bad...

After cranking the Tbars (1") a week ago.. this is what I saw....

New axle is going to be put in soon.. I can do the boot only but after reading some threads/post regarding this issue.. I commited myself on doing it right the 1st time .. pictures of the install will follow..

here is how the car looks like for w/o bullbar shot...

Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Beginning Member
bigluelok is on a distinguished road

nice man i just picked up a 95 i like the wheels i might have to get some of those in the near future

Old 12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by bigluelok
nice man i just picked up a 95 i like the wheels i might have to get some of those in the near future
I was really surprised with the wheels+tires looked installed.. it gave the truck new attitude.. imo it looks very aggresive how it sits currently....

Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Beginning Member
bigluelok is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chidevildog
I was really surprised with the wheels+tires looked installed.. it gave the truck new attitude.. imo it looks very aggresive how it sits currently....
yeah it does. thats why i really like those wheel's

Old 12-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

Looks good.. not bad for a free blazer...+your addons.

Quick Reply: Chidevildog's build