Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Deal

Old 06-07-2009, 01:44 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Deal

So tax season came around and I had only a motorcycle. I sold my old 93 4 door to get my 06 gsxr 1000. So scrolling around craigslist I came across this add 94 lt tahoe 900.00,,,,,, called em up "yeah it starts seems good dont know much about it so 900.00 what do you expect" I picked it up ... 600.00 drove it home 5 miles at 15 mph. This is how she sits now.
So far I have not done much besides get her mechanically sound. Added my cobra cb with a wilson 1000 mag mount. Pa speaker diamond audio 6.5 and pioneer plate components. Of course the 4 55w fog lamps.
Things to come

2-3" body lift with blacked out rock crawlers with 31" mud terrains
Suspension needs redone belive it still has stock shocks. (suggestions)
The rear end sags do I replace my leafs?
Going to be going to a winch bumper and all steel rear bumper
Replace Driver side fender and door Going with satin black two tone camo (were tan is below door gaurd)
Also going to mount some sliders
I am a light guy love my lights DONT JUDGE ME!! lol
So I have needed installed 5 rectangular lamps for roof and 10 smaller rectangular lamps 8 slightly tinted (spray tint) so they are not so visible 2 for each side of the roof rack two for rear of roof rack two for hitch and two for when I find a fog light valance at the pull yard.
Also looking into changing the tire swing having it mount into the bumper instead of fender going to be adding two gas cans. One for fuel one for water. ( call me paranoid or prepared )
Side note with the things I want to add to my truck (bumpers) what should I do with my suspension as far as keeping it level and fitting 31" tires with out rub?

Thats all for the exterior of the truck so to the inside which will be last. Debating doing Rhino Lined floor. New pioneer double din headunit 1 7-10" overhead low profile flip down tv ( got a 2 year old )
If possible would like to add the temp compass that normally goes in the overhead console
new power window motors all around
Get keyless entry fob replaced (did not come with one dealer confirmed option)
Headliner and visors redone led accent lighting added.
4 channel amp and powered 8" bazzoka tube (not to much not to little)
Last thing on the inside would be leather seat redone that is of course unless 2nd gen seats bolt up. (that is a question lol)
window tint for front, rear and front window
THats the list so far little by little will be doing this thing going from the out side in. any suggestions comments ideas will be appreciated good or bad.

Oh and please ignore my spelling issues as I am bored at work and posting from my ppc.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

... wait... are those beadlock rims? there was a whole to-do about rims like that a few weeks back, and it would be interesting to know 1) if they are 2) what state you're in 3) where i can find a $900 truck in that kind of shape.

BTW welcome back to being a Blazer owner

Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

those rims are stockers, i beleive they only came on 1st gens tho

Old 06-07-2009, 04:20 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point

yep mike is correct just stock. I wish lol then I would sell them and buy some new rims and tires lol. Im in good ole tampa bay and it was listed for 900 but I only paid 600 lol

Old 06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't look too bad from the outside for $600. Keep the updates coming.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Those are stockers? *shrug* Who knew? (well clearly everyone but me, but c'mon...)
Still at $600, you could do much MUCH worse...