Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

What's the deal can I make it fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's the deal can I make it fit

I was just looking at bumpers that have fog lights and mounts for winches (example the Warn Trans4mer) and was wondering why they say it only fits ZR2s is it the bumper or mounts? The rear steel bumper also like what I am eventually wanting says ZR2s only can I buy front and rear ZR2 bumpers and fit them on or can I modify slightly to make them fit. I am starting to get frustrated as I own a 99 Blazer LS 4 Dr Non-Zr2and I see a ton of parts like the ones mentioned as well as diff covers but none for my truck. I am noteven closeto the point off needing them but I am just curious because if they can not be made to fit or swap bumpers to fit them I may have to slightly change my plans.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What's the deal can I make it fit

Didn't read anything on the Warn website that stated it was for ZR2 only...

On the diff cover, well that is different unless you are lucky enough to have the heavier 8.5" rear axle.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:42 PM

I just looked at that. They have one for the non-Zr2 blazers. I got if off of a site that sells them for blazers and s-10s. Right now I am still in the planning a curious phase if that what you want to call it. I am just starting to get ideas for starting this winter and I don't want to call places till I know exactly what I want. I not one of those guys that just call to ask what I would consider dumb questions considering its going to be awhile beforeI want to order and I am still changing my mind when Isee differentideas. Kyle here is a picture of an S-10 ZR2 the only thing I want different is mounted fog lights in the bumper and something to protect the grille. I don't what company makes this.

This one is by a company called animal 4x4 it has the fog lights and winch but no shackle (I think they can add them though.

Heres the Rear bumper from the Animal 4x4 company. It has back up lights and two shackles they can also put the winch setup like whats on the front also.

Heres a picture of the rear with the winch.

Here is the link for the site incase anybodylikes what they see. I didn't see a price. I think you have to contact them.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/animal4x4/D...lazer_zr2_.htm
Sorry if these pictures are not posted right its the only way I know how I am still some new to the internet picture thing.

Wait found it the first truck (the white one is from this site)
Heres the link :
http://www.aedofab.com/guide_chevy/s...perinstall.htm

Could the way they mount be different. I had no idea that besides the suspension that the ZR2 is different. The suspension is understandable but the rest of the truck I would think would be the same.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

All of those bumpers in your last post are out of production, unfortunately. The animal bumper prints were bought by the owner of ZR2USA, but the guy from Animal4x4 hasn't sent them over yet.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious Jigg, once the bumper prints are sent over do you know if thereare going to be new bumpers popped out under that design? Possibly any of them for non ZR-2 blazers? Its gonna be some time before i do a new front bumper but if i can find something premade vs me in the metal shop with the plasma and welder I'm willing to throw some money at that.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Man Rob, thats what I kinda thinkin' I am an ok welder and moderately good at fabrication. I got a friend who is a licenced welder by trade and I help out on there farm for free in return I can always get him to fab up some for just the cost of the materials, I am startin' to think it wouldn't bea bad idea.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bumper built by a member of another forum I'm on:

Anything can be done with enough time and ingenuity.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM

Nice, looks sharp, how much did it cost out of curriousity?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: RCars2

Just curious Jigg, once the bumper prints are sent over do you know if thereare going to be new bumpers popped out under that design? Possibly any of them for non ZR-2 blazers? Its gonna be some time before i do a new front bumper but if i can find something premade vs me in the metal shop with the plasma and welder I'm willing to throw some money at that.
As far as i know, they're going to be sold as precut, weld it yourself kits. As far as non-zr2 blazers, i have no idea. I'd assume you could adapt it to fit your blazer, but it's going to be about 6" wider than your front end, since the ZR2's have flares.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Jigg

ORIGINAL: RCars2

As far as i know, they're going to be sold as precut, weld it yourself kits. As far as non-zr2 blazers, i have no idea. I'd assume you could adapt it to fit your blazer, but it's going to be about 6" wider than your front end, since the ZR2's have flares.
Works for me, im getting a set of EGR Fender Flares anyways so that will cover that for the most part. Good to hear those are gonna be popped out though. I would assume these are gonna be available through synergy offroad when ready?