Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Diaitas Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough
Default Diaitas Blazer

I was sorting out some old files on the computer and came across a few pics. Not really a build thread, but I'll keep adding to it with pictures as I find them. I still have some earlier pics of when I bought it, but they are only in print from my old 35mm camera(before I could afford a digital camera)

The oldest digital pic I have of my Blazer, in or around June of 2000 if I recall, I had just finished installing the lift, installed the 31" BFG ATs, Eagle Alloy wheels, and borrowed the ~2MP camera from my work:

This pic was about a year later(2001) after I installed the Bushwacker flares:

Attached Thumbnails Diaitas Blazer-blazer1.jpg   Diaitas Blazer-blazer-000.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:11 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Looks good....old pics are like watching your ride grow up

Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Cool man, Cant wait to see more pics

Old 04-20-2013, 06:39 PM

I don't remember it being this shiny, I guess my memory fades as well. Blazer brand driving lights:

Was trying out our new 3MP work camera:

Attached Thumbnails Diaitas Blazer-dcp05894.jpg   Diaitas Blazer-dcp05896.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:45 PM

Apparently I took a 4 year hiatus on taking pictures of the Blazer, up to 2006 now. The ONLY picture I can find when it had the rockcrawler wheels on it...

And the whole reason I installed the new grille... some random deer in the middle of nowhere decided of the whole field he could run in, him and his buddies figured in front of me was best... bent bumper broken grill:

Attached Thumbnails Diaitas Blazer-hpim1565.jpg   Diaitas Blazer-hpim1464.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

I was wondering why you went with the 98+ grille setup... I always liked those older chrome grille's with the sealed beams. Stupid deer.

how'd you like those pro comp AT's?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i am guessing you have had to replace the shocks that came with the lift, by looking at how long you have been lifted. if so what did you use to replace them?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by KM346
I was wondering why you went with the 98+ grille setup... I always liked those older chrome grille's with the sealed beams. Stupid deer.

how'd you like those pro comp AT's?
I like the newer grille myself, the early ones were too much chrome for me, and the small sealed beams were dim compared to the newer composites.
They were good tires, wore really well, great in the snow, but horrible in the mud, and didn't balance well.

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
i am guessing you have had to replace the shocks that came with the lift, by looking at how long you have been lifted. if so what did you use to replace them?
I replaced the shocks a couple times, the first set was with a direct replacement set(for 5" lift) of Rancho RS9000s. A waste of money IMO, I ended up setting them a couple times, then never again.

I had to replace the fronts shocks once again a few years back and I think application was an '04 F150 rear, but the sleeve in the top bushing of the new shock had to be swapped for the larger one that was in the old shocks.