Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

x2 on the loving the flares on the 4 doors. I desperatly want to find some for mine, and am really jealous of you Europeans right now.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

The fender flares were oem at german models.
My blazer is an US-model, without them, but I got them really cheap from a buddy, who parted out his Blazer.
So I´m really happy about them.

Last edited by christian1984; 07-13-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: changed some words. ;-)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Sweet deal. Our blazer's are almost identical (other than modifications). I have the same two-tone paint job. I'm seriously considering painting the bottom silver strip black though, similar to what you're doing.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 07-20-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Another GREAT lookin Blazer.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christian1984
The fender flares were oem at german models.
My blazer is an US-model, without them, but I get them really cheap from a buddy, who slaughtered (I don´t know if that´s the right word) his Blazer.
So I´m really happy about them.
I would say you're looking for the word "wrecked" or the phrase "parted out". But since slaughtering means to cut up an animal into smaller pieces, I'm guessing you want to say "I got them really cheap from a buddy who parted out his Blazer."

Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Starting Member

El_Beautor, in one week, the paintjob should be done.
So you could look, whether you like it, before you do it.

Yes it was a really good deal.
I get the front bumper with air deflector and extensions, 4x4 switch, all skid plates, some interior accessories, the fender flares, endgate struts, and many more little things, for only 280$.
If I ordered the parts in the US I had to pay 1000$, through the shipping costs and taxes.
And the parts are on good conditions.

@ TripleBlackBlazer
"Parted out" sounds much better, so I changed it.
I hope I remember it, if I need the same phrase later.

Last edited by christian1984; 07-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Starting Member

Yesterday, I painted my air deflector black.
And Thursday I get my Blazer back from my buddy.
I hope the blue-black combination looks good.

The reflections are dust particles, because I swept my garage before I take the photo.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Starting Member

Yesterday I get back my Blazer.
I think it looks good.
The black makes it look more aggressive.

But there are some things to do.
The air deflector needs to be adjusted, some parts of the fender flares must be mounted, and the Sockets of te side markers must be changed, because the old ones are broken.

In two weeks is the 1st german Chevy-Forum-Meeting.
I hope, I can make all the works until this.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Great color combination, but what's up with the small mural near the gas filler door?

Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Starting Member

Do you mean the Airbrush?
Its made on the last (and first) US-Car-Meeting in my hometown.
Actually, i wanted something like a Lunar Excursion Module, or a Satzrn V from the Apollo project, but artists do what they want, so I get this.
A little Space theme. But i´m not dissatisfied. I think it looks good.

Today I began to change my transmission fluid.

With my woring conditions it´s a terrible work.
I can´t turn arrond under the car, the garage is to slim, so I have problems to get out of the car or get under the car.
I must crawl from the front und the car.

But, after 3 hours of blood and sweat (no tears ;-) ), i dissambled the oil pan and get it down between the Y-Pipe and the crossmember.

But now, my garage floor is brown.

Valve Body

Tight working conditions.

Quick Reply: East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing