Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

FINALLY!! Starting the awesomeness

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 PM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road
Default FINALLY!! Starting the awesomeness

So I've had the truck for almost 6 months now, so I thought it's about time to get to building it up. I've only do some visual things for now, so here goes.

- Removed all the pin stripes and side molding

-30" are coming in in about a week and a half (well actually i'm just waiting for the funds..(Getting a set of Definity Dakota M/T's for now)

-Got my roof rack starting to come together..I'll be building one myself, figured it would be a lot better than the ones I have found online.

-Trying to get my hand on a set of 2" shackles, anyone have any to sell btw?

After all that, i'm not really sure what else to do. I would love for people to put their two sense in on what would look good on the truck, it would be nice.

Here are some simple pics of the before and after for now.

-Before-

-After shots-

I would like for you guys to give me some ideas on what else I can do to make it look better. Let me know how it's going.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 PM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Looks like a good start! I would bedline your front and rear bumper,rockers and fender trim...and also sand off the chrome on the center bar of your grill and bed line that..Will compliment the black wheels better.. Keep it up!

Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by 420Blazin4X4
Looks like a good start! I would bedline your front and rear bumper,rockers and fender trim...and also sand off the chrome on the center bar of your grill and bed line that..Will compliment the black wheels better.. Keep it up!
<br />
<br />

Thanks man. I was actually thinking about bed lining all the lower panels and front and rear bumpers, I just kind of like how clean it looks now. Tomorrow is the day to do the front Chrome, I did all the Chrome around the wheel wells today, I just had to take a break lol.

Thanks a lot though, can't wait to see it next weekend with the tires!!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 AM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Paint the center bar and headlight trim rings like you did the chrome on the wheel wells. Looks Gr8 with that color and the black accents. Stuby antenna (got mine on ebay), Blacked out corner lights, plate frame on the rear, tint the front two windows to match.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:07 AM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

If you plan on shackles and tbar crank..I would do that first then go 31`s

Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 AM

Where can I get a pair of shackles? Do you know if Rough Country sells them as standalone items? I've searched but can't seem to come up with anything.

I'll be painting the rest of the chrome tomorrow when i'm off, as well as finishing up my Manual Posi Lock (Thank God)

Originally Posted by 420Blazin4X4
If you plan on shackles and tbar crank..I would do that first then go 31`s

Old 05-21-2011, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
Where can I get a pair of shackles?...............
synergy website

Fabtech 2 inch Blazer and S10 lift shackles - Synergy Offroad

or

ebay

s10 shackles | eBay

truck is looking good by the way....i agree with the bedliner....tan and black would look good.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:05 PM

So I guess it is a must when it comes to the Bed liner huh lol. I guess Monday I'll have to go purchase some and get it done. i was skeptical, but with everyone saying I should, then I guess it's a good idea.

Thanks for the Shackles by the way, I appreciate that.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

If your doors are in perfect shape I don't see the need to bedliner them. I only bedlinered mine because the bottom of my doors had deep scratches and my bumper was chipped.

Black out your frame and wheel wheels with rocker guard/undercoating would be the first thing I would do.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Here is my truck after I bedlined the grille, and all the chrome. Check out my build thread for more pics of the bedline, and some tips too!

-OSS

Quick Reply: FINALLY!! Starting the awesomeness