FrankenBlazer Lives! - Page 2 - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Old 05-15-2017, 01:16 PM

Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

That engine looks really good. That lifter also looks like new.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Beginning Member

Jeffaroni is on a distinguished road

Wow its been a while since I worked on it, but its all coming along nicely. Iím still waiting for the oil pump and pan-those are going to be purchased at a later date-and Iíve started taking the body apart. Originally I bought that 2000 ZR2 parts mobile and was going to graft the front half of the frame to avoid having to buy a suspension lift, but that idea fell by the wayside once work picked up and I ran out of time before winter showed up. The good news is that I got $1500 trade-in for it when I bought my 2018 Silverado, so it was $400 bucks well spent. And I got a set of 5-31 x 10.5 on the ZR2 rims to boot.

Now I figure since Iíve got a daily driver again, I can afford the time to do a full resto on the frame. Iíve pulled the bumpers off, the front clip and the doors-both driver side doors need replacing from a kiss with a guard rail last spring, so a trip to pick-n-pull is coming soon. Iím about to head back to the garage right away to empty the camping gear out of the cab that I had stored from the summer and remove the windscreen and seats to reduce weight when I lift the body. My plan now is to roll the frame out, remove everything and have it blasted and painted with rubber guard or the like. Brake and fuel lines look kind of rotten, so Iíll definietly get use out of my tubing bender and flare kit too.

I bought the S10-V8 conversion manual from JTR, but its lacking info for this era of blazer. It does have some good info about engine mounting and such, but the rest Iíll have to figure out on my own theoigh yourube and all you guys on here. Iím also going to reuse the 4L60E transmission and stock transfer case, but Iím going to beef up the trans with a rebuild kit when work starts and money isnít so tight anymore. Iíll also get the suspension lift kit from Rough Country and a 2Ē body lift to avoid the ďnecessary firewall massagingĒ as much as I can. With any luck, all Iíll have to do is drop the body back down and connect everything. Haha yeah right!

I expect it should be ready by next winter, but I want to take my time do it as well as I can because my dad told me many times:

ďAny job worth doing is a job worth doing rightĒ

More to come!

Thanks,

Jefff
Old 01-10-2018, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran

El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you're having fun with it. It's nice when you can take your time and be sure to do it proper. I have an 02 ZR2 that I just picked up as a parts truck. I'm just waiting for nicer weather before I do anything with it. Alberta winters are not the most conducive to working outside.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:02 PM

Lefet is on a distinguished road

Wow! Well this is WELL beyond my skill level but im enjoying it just the same! This ones going to need it's own coming out party! Nice work!