Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Halo Projection Headlights / S10 Grille Converion

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It looks cool, but I need to see the road when I'm driving at night (the reason for the retrofit).

Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 AM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
It looks cool, but I need to see the road when I'm driving at night (the reason for the retrofit).
I'm confused?? These lights are a HUGE improvement in both appearance and lighting up the road. (The reason for the retrofit)

Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, I meant on the car, not your jimmy.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Ahhhhhh, You have a point. Its a bit of an issue. I am on the look out for some driving lights to compensate and also looking at Halo Projectors for the Honda. There are some kick #$@ options available for the Accord.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road

The grille looks like it's missing the chrome strip that goes in the middle (obviously) but it appears as though there's just nothing in there. Is that just the angle or is there an indentation between the headlight and bumper light?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jtbwatson
The grille looks like it's missing the chrome strip that goes in the middle (obviously) but it appears as though there's just nothing in there. Is that just the angle or is there an indentation between the headlight and bumper light?
You are correct, trim piece is missing as was explained in the very first segment of this thread. Just waiting to come accross a deal on one off of CL or at the junkyard.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

TOMMYRAY, ok so i have a question, the jimmy front grill was deleted, and you installed the chevy blazer grill right? does the center portion still have the bowtie in it, i have been trying to incorporate the blazer lights and amber turn signals into the GMC grill but not having any luck with out major custom fab work..

so now you have a JIMMBLAZE

Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 PM

I completely ditched the Jimmy grille and bought an s10 grill form JC Whitney for $35 with free shipping. I didnt realize that there was an additional trim piece for this particular grill that splits the headlights and has the bowtie emblem. I have seen other s10 grills that are completely one piece moldings including the trim piece that Im missing and the bowtie emblem bolts on. Its gonna cost me as much if not more to order the stinkin trim piece as I paid for the grille. On top of that I didnt realize that the Jimmy bumper wouldnt work with the s10 grill but it looks like you wont have any problems with your bumper. If your dead set on swapping out the lights I would just watch CraigsList or pick one up from the junkyard and paint it. I looked at using the jimmy grille with the s10 headlights but it just didnt make sense although i swear i saw pics of someone on BF that had done it.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

i spent a lot of time at the pick a pull yard pulling blazer lights and jimmy grilles trying to find a way to combine the two, i like my GMC in the center if the grill, and there are a ton of lighting options for the blazer front head lights, the two together would be killer i think, im still working on it, its just getting it to stay together

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
i spent a lot of time at the pick a pull yard pulling blazer lights and jimmy grilles trying to find a way to combine the two, i like my GMC in the center if the grill, and there are a ton of lighting options for the blazer front head lights, the two together would be killer i think, im still working on it, its just getting it to stay together
anything is possible.

Quick Reply: Halo Projection Headlights / S10 Grille Converion