Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Help me name it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Starting Member
Maestro is on a distinguished road

timberwolf....grey fox....coyote...they're kinda grey....umm...thats about all i can think of atm....keep up the work...looking good

Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Beginning Member
meatbag is on a distinguished road

I AM LOVING all the name ideas!
I think I'm leaning towards "ARMADILLO
If I leave it the same color, and toughen it up with push bars, tube bumpers, and nerf bars, it could start to fit that name.
I dunno.
Keep your ideas coming!

Some of my Rock Auto parts have arrived. So, I'm going to "get going" on some stuff tomorrow.
I'll be RE-installing the power window in the drivers door.
So far, the rivets drilled out easy, and the motor came off the regulator simple too.
Heck, I wasn't even bleeding, after taking it out of the door!
And you CAN'T be doing it right, if you're not BLEEDING!

So, I'll get some new pics up, tomorrow. As I do the window motor, the wiper blades and the 710 cap.
Never heard of a 710 cap?
Turn your OIL cap upside-down!
HA!

Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 AM
Beginning Member

PLEASE, PLEASE check out my power window problem in "ELECTRICAL" under "HELP, with power windows". NOTHING is going as planned. I can't figure it out!
Maybe someone has some more ideas for me!!??

Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Beginning Member

YAY! The Power window is FIXED! Jeez... what a pain in the hands, fore-arms, and BRAIN! It kept testing OK in the house but then not working in the truck. It got really frustrating! I even went to NAPA and bought a second motor. (that one didn't work at ALL) it's getting returned! In the end, it turned out to be the SWITCH! (and the motor was bad too) I looked all over the internet for a new switch, they were ALL SUPER expensive! For the little dinky two window switch!! But I finally found one on Amazon (in chrome) for $2.99 + shipping. I had to use the old housing, for a true fit, in the door, but whatever! I'm pretty stoked that it's working! While I was in the door, I also installed a new outside door handle. I am starting to think you can take the whole truck apart with a 10mm wrench!
While I was on Amazon, I bought a new Sony CD player, some Kenwood 6 x9's, a pair of 6" KC lights for the roof, and a few other things! (I got a little carried away...)

Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member

NOPE!
Can't call it Armadillo..... That's the silly landing craft from that dumb "Armageddon" movie, with Bruce Willis. The only good thing in THAT movie was Liv Tyler! -- WOOT!
As for my "Build"..... I am modifying a pair of mini-van seats to fit in the Blazer with no name... But it's raining... again.