Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

I've Got 2 blazers what should I build?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Beginning Member
buildamudder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Ive Got 2 blazers what should I build?

Alright, I've got pics but my camera won't read on my PC. So, when my girlfriend comes home I'll download them to hers and post them.
Today is day 3 of the s-10 body swap and the entire body except fot the firewall & dash has been pulled off of the K-5. My brother stopped by and has been helping so things have gone pretty quick. I didn't have any way to lift the body, so we cut the whole entire truck up into pieces and now I have to get all of that into my 88 k-5 and scrap it. What a work-out!
My vacation time ends tommorrow. I never thought I'd be this far ahead of schedule so I've decided the next step will be to grind, blast, scrap and burn all of the undercoating off of the frame and coat the whole thing with POR-15.

Pics of rolling chassis comming soon.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
blazin8556 is an unknown quantity at this point

a fork lift will successfully lift the body off the frame. i used to buy, sell, and scrap cars and trucks in my spare time. i have seen a little forklift pick up a 5,000 lb. 1994 Ford F-250 extended cab long bed pickup truck. While the pre power stroke diesel engine and trans was still in the truck. it had no wheels and was loaded on my utility trailor with a crane truck. eager to see pics as well..

Old 12-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Beginning Member

Here are some pics of the two blazers.
The K-5 is torn down to rolling chassis and the 96 is the blue one with no motor.
I circled in red the parts on the s-10 that I have to fix...Otherwise, this truck is super clean with the dark charcoal or black leather interior package. All it needs on the body is a rear bumper replaced and a small dent on the passanger door.

Now the bad news:
I wanted to put the s-10 on the K-5 frame....I started banging the rust off of the K-5 frame and my hammer went right through a spot above the rear axle. The full frame can be patch welded but I'm wanted this to be perfect. So, as you can imagine I'm a little bumbed-out.
I could just put the 350 motor and tranny into the S-10 blazer and be done. But, I'm trying to build a SOLID mudder. I'm scrapping this project now and picking-up a whole truck 1983 k-5 relatively rust free and I'm going to tranfer the skyjacker lift and 35' super swampers from my 88 onto it.

Does anyone want the S-10 Blazer for $550. That's what I've got into it. (I paid $500 for the truck w/out motor and $50 for delivery). If anyone is interested please let me know. I live in Cleveland, Ohio.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member

Screw-it. I'm not going through the hassle of setting-up an account with photobucket just to attach a pictue to my message. If anyone wants the 1996 S-10 blazer 4x4 4-door. Clean body. no motor...go to craigs list Cleveland.

Before I started this forum, I had no idea that I was going to have to jump through hoops to post progress pictures. My intent was to provide a nice detailed account of the body swap so that others could easily do their own. Oh well, sorry I wasted anyone's time.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Just attach them. That is all you need to do.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member

I have an icon for "ADD IMAGE" but it wants to reference a URL.
I can't "Attach" anything. I even tried converting to .gifs and doing a copy/paste....
Wierd, I work on computers all day in the graphics industry (15yrs) but without a bounce site like photobucket, myspace or the like; I can't post any photos. I guess i understand because otherwise the forum would get overwhelmed trying to store photos on it.

To be honest, This is the first FORUM I've ever joined. It really seems to be a great source for information on the one thing I really treasure....MY CHEVY!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

im interested in the 350 and th350 trans that was in the 91. it is tbi right? you have a pm

Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
dinobike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I've Got 2 blazers what should I build?

i would do the k5, harder to find, and very cool. why r u thinking not the k5? not engine? just drop any 350 or even a 305 in it. let me know what u think ur going to do? id go old school, k5 b better 4x4 too.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Beginning Member

92-95 cpi (or my CSFI) vortec the harness must be stripped or severely modified to accept 91 tbi 350.
Basically, The blazer I picked up was one year too new.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member

Here's some pics I hope

Quick Reply: I've Got 2 blazers what should I build?