Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Jrob238's build

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JRob238
I hate body lifts.........
agree with ya 150% brother. that's why i'll never BL anything, and why i'll never be able to run anything bigger than 31's because of it.

oh well.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
agree with ya 150% brother. that's why i'll never BL anything, and why i'll never be able to run anything bigger than 31's because of it.

oh well.

Yeah that does stink about the s10s. I am used to Jeeps and on a 3 inch lift its not uncommon to run 33's now I am only gonna run 31's thats the only reason i decided to do a BL.

If I do a 1 inch BL is there really any need to do a 1 inch motor mount lift?

Old 12-31-2009, 04:01 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

You would probably have to lower the fan shroud.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 PM

Well got one thing knocked off my list today. Just got through painting the tire carrier. I kinda made a boo boo though I was so excited about painting it I didnt sand it any so some of it looks really smooth and some of it has some dots in it. So I will probably have to spray a second coat to cover it up. I also got some runs on the tire holder itself but no one will see those. I will probably go back later and actually take it off and sand primer and reshoot it with some better quality paint and then lay down a clear coat to protect it. anyway here are some pics for you guys.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Well two things now off my list today

now I can see behind me. About to go see what I can do about that darn door alarm.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Ok so I been working on this thing all day and decide to wrap the day up with installing my Cd player. Boy oh boy is this thing a pain in my nek. I have done plenty of head unit swaps but none like on a blazer. For starters I freakin bought the wrong dash kit. Package said for 92 and up GM vehicles I didnt think to check the specific ones and what do you know. It doesnt fit the 97 blazer. So now my dash is completly apart and its too dark to mess with it. Tomorrow is gonna befull if fun!

Last edited by JRob238; 01-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I had to get a special dash kit for my 01. Just go to best buy and let them know, they had to grab a different one from the back room for me.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Oh I forgot to update. Thanks to jshultz78 I found the product number for the right dash kit. For reference its metra part # 99-3043. I ordered it off line for 8.99 and free shipping. Cant beat that.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I like that spare tire carrier. Looks a hell of a lot better painted! very clean. I have to get mine done this spring/summer.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Yeah I probably should have waited till it was a little bit warmer but im ready to get all the little things knocked out so I can get on with the juicy stuff haha.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JRob238

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
......i'll never BL anything, and why i'll never be able to run anything bigger than 31's because of it.

oh well.
Yeah that does stink about the s10s. I am used to Jeeps and on a 3 inch lift its not uncommon to run 33's now I am only gonna run 31's thats the only reason i decided to do a BL.
that really only applies to the 2nd gen's. i was running 31's on my '92 Jimmy (totally stock) without any issues.

Quick Reply: Jrob238's build