Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

just picked up a 96

Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why I always take a code scanner when I buy a new truck! guess we live and learn

Old 02-05-2011, 03:55 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cochran07
That's why I always take a code scanner when I buy a new truck! guess we live and learn
yeah true. next time iwill but it was abuddy whod been daily driving it when he didnt drive his bagged truck. he never even put it in his name till i was buying it from him. and when he did that i already had truck and we found out it had stolen tags. (from the person who owned it before my buddy...it was the tag off there other truck. LOL). and i work at a sheriffs department..... so thats taken care of.

today in the snow i replaces my blower motor......

everything almost out

found my overflow is cracking out

got the blower out

OLD ONE TOASTED

figured out that the weatherstripping right above the blower motor had somehow dislodged- and causeing the snow to pile up on the motor..and on the rubber line the ventilates the motor....weight on it pulled it out just a hair (i looked before i pulled it apart) and as the motor got hotter it melted the ice and fried the fan...

new motor

SHINY!

while i was finishing up the mailman came and the first part of my order has made it in.......

my spacers for the rear!!!

but i work overnights........ i got off work this morning - ate and got to tearing the blazer down so i could have heat again. now i gotta get some sleep before work.... ill be doing more very soon .

thanks for looking guys. and if you have any ideas dont beafraid to shoot them now or forever hold your piece!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Yeah I need to look into my blower motor. Mine works when it wants to but I have a sneaky suspision that its the switch.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Well my new tires are here... still waiting on the mail to run today.
got my brakes sitting here on the table and my new mirrors for both sides (just sock ones) are here) also got a pa speaker for my cb to hook up.

we got a forecast of 12 more inches of snow today. =( so i really hope this stuff stops because over the next week i should get almost all of my orders in and be ready to start fixing/ modding some things.

ive been doing alot of reading over the past few days and writing down things im going to fix but it sure has been cold here and not having a garage sucks.......

currently im working on figuring out what is wrong with my interior lights seeing as the switch is the only thing that turns them on. hopefully its something easy because my alarm/remote start is scheduled to be installed in a week and a half.

heres some pics from when the snow started falling last week.....

And my windows freshly tinted in the front.....

most recent mod other than replacing my blower motor in the snow lol

Last edited by chevytruckdood; 02-08-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot to add my pictures lol
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Hope the snow stops so you can get this stuff put together.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 AM

more parts are here... on the far right is my valley roof rack.....

go away snowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sitll waiting on a few packages before im really ready

Old 02-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Impatiantly waiting...

Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 PM

it was below 25 when i got off work today and started and now its closer to 40. ok... roof rack on.. hatch struts changed.... new door switches for front doors and rear hatch and hooked up rear door switches. mounted my scanner in a different place, mounted my radar detector.. mounted my gps mount. changed out my interior light bulbs and the 4x4 switch (hit it and it went right in 4wd first try !!!!) replace coolant resivour. replaced my mirrors. done i have to get some sleep before i have to go to work.

heres some pics

first thing i saw when i was replacing my hatch struts

couldnt find any pieces to old front door pin switches.. until i was almost done these fell out

new next to old and replaced

no more duct tape mirrors!! except the residue that i wasnt trying to fight today to remove

roof rack and mirrors on

thanks for looking. any comments are appreciated.
can these just be sauderd back on??

Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Roof rack looks good bud. Now get them tires on there

Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

and lights on the roof rack! looks good man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just picked up a 96