Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"karma" rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road
Talking "karma" rebuild

ok so most if not all of you know about my truck...had an accident needed work so yestersay, went scouring junk yards pretty much ALL day to find the good cond. and right color *colour* didnt forget about my homies and thier spelling of it lol

pieces...just got the fender and inner well today just happened to stumble upon a jimmy and it was like OMG perfect timing..so got it taken off ....oh did i forget to mention my new hood...wait for the pics..i'll be feeling the love AND hate im sure, but not giving prices...don want to much jealousy lol, so we're gonna "dry" fit it..once we get the still remaining fender off and make sure all the lines are right, and by this time next week....i should be again like nothing even happened...my truck will be fixed and on the road before the ins. finishes the paper work lol. will put pics in my garage photos...lovin the hood but i want it to fade from the middle out...black to my origional green...any opinions?

Last edited by MuddBunny84; 04-16-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Opinions? On this forum? That's funny... ha ha But yeah Glad it's commin together quickly for ya. Whats with the hood? Did you find a cowl hood or a hood with a scoop? Depending on what the hood is. I think if its a cowl, it might look better black at the top of the cowl and fade to the green at the bottom. If it has a scoop, then the black in the middle and fade out would be cool.

Either way, glad your accident was primaraly sheet metal and a straight foreward fix, and of cource that you are ok.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Glad to see it's coming together. Curious about this hood you mention lol.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

well she's finished...and yes i found a cowel hood...un friggin believeable...bf's boss...only charged me 100$s and i still get it painted..so now need to find out if the paint guy knows how to fade..and even gonna gimmie a special sumpthin painted under the hood lol just cause i'm in his good books...i think lol...but yah...4inch rise cally hood origionally..priced to sell..650$.not bad for me lol a total of less than 250$ to fix it including hood, lights, and new headlight. next looking into a muffler to make her sound mean lol and more lights...4 more...and a cow catcher as a bumper protector lol and gonna weld up some thing for the front and to mount my winch on

but she's finished...check out the pics in my garage!!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

What muffler(s) you looking at? I know that's a widely debated thing. The flowmaster 50 and 40 series are popular, some like the 44 also. Then magnaflow and cherrybomb turbo and vortex mufflers. I got a cherry bomb extreme muffler. It's a single chamber muffler, like a dynomax bullet or flowmaster 10 series. Love it .

And it must be damn nice to have hook ups like you do! lol but yeah it's looks like it's comin' along good. I don't know if you can get a open element air intake for the later model blazers. Either way the cowl will look mean with the tires and lift. I'd love to get a 2 inch cowl hood. 4 inch on the first don't look right unless it's a street rod lookin' truck. But that 4 inch looks better on yours then I thought it would to be honest.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 04-19-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
that 4 inch looks better on yours then I thought it would to be honest.
yah i almost didn't take it but we put it on...and i had to stare at it..walk around..and run laps around my truck literally before i said..."eh i guess it'll work"...since every hood we found at the junk yards were big time dented oor rusted or just as mangled as mine...as for muffler...not sure...the bf said they have one thats loud...but if it really sounds like the one we just put on his truck yesterday....not sure i want it...cause i want much louder lol...and lift...that wont be happening..my bf and his buddy told me...i'd likely be putting around 1200$+ just into a lift...and im not made of money....so i can live w/out it ..but getting snow tires from his coworker or pep boys they had some meannn lookin dakota offroad tires i was drooling over lol.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Have you done lift shackles yet? Those are under $60 on eBay and the t-bar crank is free.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Awesome score on the cowl hood. But please get rid of the bug shield. lol

Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Awesome score on the cowl hood. But please get rid of the bug shield. lol
lol i can't i just can't....i noticed when i took it off the last hood it was spackled in pain chips a week later that and the lines aren't perfect so its there to protect (once i get it painted) and hide the lines, dare i say...to protect and serve lol, gonna do the front end black and it too so it wont be AS ugly there. but i'm going to every length to keep this one in the best shape i can!! so its gonna have to stay :P, even though i think they are very very ugly my self lol.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phil
Have you done lift shackles yet? Those are under $60 on eBay and the t-bar crank is free.

i've mentioned that to the bf...i can get 2inch shackles from the place he works from for 15$s and they have the lift and all the tools and stuff id need...but when i hear t-bar crank...all i can think about is stressing the tbar and it bowing or cracking so it makes me super nervous cause i'd wanna crank it all the way lol, i've been highly advised by about 4 ppl who have done it and regretted it not to...so...not sure what im gonna do

Quick Reply: "karma" rebuild