Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

mdehoogh's 98 build

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

Did you take any photography courses or are you just a Photoshop guro like myself? Pictures are sweeeeeeet.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
This is getting interesting... keep up the good work and moeny spending.
hah thanks I'm actually spending as little as I possibly can and the only reason things have really picked up is because I'm on winter break. Once I'm back in school, Blazer will go on the backburner and things will likely slow down

Originally Posted by Moores12345
Did you take any photography courses or are you just a Photoshop guro like myself? Pictures are sweeeeeeet.
No photography skills and not really a great camera either. (most pics are either 3GS iphone or Nikon L100) I did take a 'multimedia' class way back in HS and we spent about 85% of the year either in Photoshop or Premier. I forgot a lot of what I had learned but I still use it quite a bit. Thanks for the compliment though

Last edited by mdehoogh; 12-30-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Got my shackles installed this morning. I took quite a few pics during the process and I'll put up a how-to in the DIY section later on for anyone that's interested. I also lowered the tbars down a bit. I had initially raised them 7 full turns. I lowered 1.5 turns and didn't have any issues so I'll gradually keep lowering them to alleviate stress.

My springs were already sagging and with the shackle hanging down like that, it's even easier to see the nearly flat springs I'll eventually replace the shackles with an add-a-leaf or the coil spring mod that another member mentioned a few days ago.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Lookin good man! If someone didn't know better, they would think your fenders came like that. Did you ever touch up the raw edges?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Looks good! The add a leaf will deff take care of everything you need but if you mean coils i have the monroe coilovers in the back to help with weight and they really do help. I had to take out my rear sway bar because it wont let you put them in otherwise. Its pretty cool because its almost like a second suspension. I had put in brand new leafs but going on the beach with a few people and a few coolers it wasent working out well and the coilovers are great! If anything do the add a leaf first because once you do the coilovers they wont work for a stock height truck with an add a leaf but you can call and get 2" extended coils like i did

Old 01-01-2011, 06:14 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

your blazer looks clean even with mud shot up on the side... I'm jealous...

Old 01-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

Yeah..you've done an awesome job on the cutting of the fenders. Mine will be just like yours except yours is more of a strawberry red and mines cherry. But the look of yours has really inspired me, fu****g looks awesome.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran

slasher, I haven't cleaned up the edges yet. I may end up cutting a little more and I don't want to fix everything up only to end up removing it later on.

paul, The coil mod I mentioned was where you add an actual coil spring between the frame and leaf. It increases the spring rate as well as lifts the truck. Evidently it's a popular mod for toyota trucks but a member posted a thread in the lifting tech section saying he did it to his blazer. He hasn't updated since Christmas Eve though. Also, I snapped a few pics of the tires for you. The pic you posted has a much bigger difference than mine have. I think it's because my 31's are mounted and have weight on them while the 235/70 has nothing to hold up. I wasn't able to get very good angles for the pics in my garage so this is the best I could do.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

very nice. but yea I know what you mean about school... my build slows quite a bit too. it was funny for a while almost every week I drove to school there was something different on my truck, I'm one of the only people who has a lifted truck at my school, let alone even a modded car...

Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran

Picked up a grill guard for $50 today :P The guy I bought it from said it was on his 97 2WD S10. He wants to lower the truck and was just looking to get rid of it. No idea what brand it is or if it was even meant for that truck originally. Hopefully the mounts it came with will work on my truck without much hassle.

Quick Reply: mdehoogh's 98 build