Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

mdehoogh's 98 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default mdehoogh's 98 build

I'm finally getting around to making a build thread

Got my Blazer in 2004 but haven't done much to it. Most of money has gone towards school or other interests instead of my truck. Hopefully that will start changing soon

Started out as a bone stock 1998 LT 4DR 4WD with 80k on it. During high school, I added the chrome Westin step bars but I didn't have them on very long before getting tired of them and taking them off.

Replaced the cat and muffler with Magnaflow and a larger pipe with a corvette-style tip on the end.

Took the step bars off

Debadged as much as possible and tried making a newer style emblem like you'd see on a tahoe or silverado. I used badges from a trailblazer

Around this time, I also undercoated the frame and wheelwells but don't have any good pics of that. You can see the difference in the pic below compared to the one three pictures up

Took a few pics once they finally finished the new Cowboys Stadium

Got a super cheap bike rack from an early Ford Explorer and after trying to come up with a simple design to make it work, I decided the best way is to just bolt it down to the roof.

The mounts for the bike that came on the rack were slightly rusted and they required taking the front wheel off the bike so I picked up a Yakima raptor that includes a full length bike tray and it is much simpler to get the bike on and off

And now to the current, I'll be needing new tires soon and thought about painting my wheels black. I thought it might be a good idea to get a new set that sit out a little wider and that way I'd also have a full set of spares. Started looking for those black Cragar's that everyone likes when I found a set of S10 steel wheels for $35 on craigslist. I talked the guy down to $20 and picked them up last week.

After sanding the past few days, I got the first coat of primer on last night. I've gotten a few coats of black paint on today and will try and get some more pics up later on.

I'm going for a flat black look with the wheels. I've seen several trucks lately with those black steel and the glossy shine of the wheel clashes with the flat dull look of the tire. I'm attempting to get the wheels to match the tire but I'm not sure how it will turn out

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by mdehoogh; 10-30-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Nice job man.... You must have the same blazer (stock of course as me), except for the body color grill.... Lets see more!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wlorton
Nice job man.... You must have the same blazer (stock of course as me), except for the body color grill.... Lets see more!!!
Thanks!

I had two main picture folders and when I bought a new PC, I forgot one so I only have like half of my pictures. All of my earlier pics are gone except what I had posted on this site over the past few years (and a few assorted ones that were saved to my server)

A few of my other mods:
K&N CAI
Cutoff the underside of the throttle blade
Wait4Me PCM tune
Magnaflow high-flow cat and muffler
Green LED's in the dash
Viper5900 2way alarm and remote start
Infinity kappa reference 4x6 plates in the dash
pioneer coax 6.5" in the doors powered by an Orion 500w amp
Kicker CVR powered by a ZX750.1

Also, more pics of my new (to me) wheels. Hoping to wrap them in some 31's within the next couple of days

Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

I'm really liking the black rims, they would look sharp on a red blazer

Old 10-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

i think so too.. i like

Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Did you paint the inside of your stock rims at one point? Looks nice.

Very very very tasteful in what you've done. Love the truck.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Phil
Did you paint the inside of your stock rims at one point?
No they're stock. Although the 'tear drops' and the area under the center cap are painted black but that's just how the wheels come.

Now I'm just debating between 30" and 31"

Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Beginning Member
acooper114 is on a distinguished road

Where did you get the Texas flag sticker for your bowtie?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road

Lovin the flat black wheels! Id like to take that Trek for a spin!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Allwaysblazin
Lovin the flat black wheels! Id like to take that Trek for a spin!
Me too, what model is it. I have a Trek 820 I got from General Motors a few years ago. I like the bike but I wish it was a bit lighter, but when I put the carrier seat on the back the weight makes it real stable to ride with my daughter in it. Oh yeah I like your home made paint booth.

Quick Reply: mdehoogh's 98 build